twenty two ⇝ INTERVIEW

chapter twenty two ;

THE FASTEST GIRL ALIVE: HOW NATALIE BLACKWOOD WENT FROM POP PRINCESS TO CW'S 'IT' GIRL

---

Whether you know her as the chart topping songstress, or as the wickedly wonderful Gwenevere Grey on The Flash, it is clear that Natalie Blackwood is one crazy talented chick

We at Vogue had the privilege of getting to sit down and chat with said crazy talented chick to discuss everything from feminism, sexuality and relationships. 

Vogue: Hi Natalie!

Natalie Blackwood: Hi! Please, call me Nat.

V: So, Nat, the season 2 finale of The Flash airs this Tuesday. Got any spoilers for us?

NB: I wish I could tell you, but I kinda wanna keep my job! [laughs] I can tell you that a huge plot twist happens near the end of the episode.

V: I can't wait to see it! So, when you do start filming season 3?

NB: Two weeks! As much as I love having a break, I honestly can't wait to get back to work!

V: Something that comes along with being in the industry means that you have a large social media following, and I love that you use that following to promote positive messages.

NB: Aw, thanks! I do count myself very lucky that I have such a large following as it means I get to promote things that are important to me, such as feminism and the LGBT+ community.

V: It's amazing that you are so open about being a feminist! You mentioned the LGBT community. Do you consider yourself a part of the LGBT community, or are you just an ally?

NB: To be honest, I've never liked to label myself as a certain sexuality. Like, I understand that lots of people are comfortable labelling themselves as a certain sexuality and that's freakin' awesome. But it's really each to their own. Personally, I've always said that I won't fall in love with a man or a woman. I'll fall in love with a person. I suppose that could be referred to as pansexuality, but at this point in my life I don't really want who I am attracted to being labeled. But who knows, maybe in the future I will be comfortable with a label.

V: That's really admirable of you, Nat. So last question. And look, I'm sorry but I have to ask or the internet would never forgive me. What's going on between you and Grant Gustin?

NB: [laughs] I should have seen this question coming. I know a lot of people on the internet, including Carlos [Valdes], are into the idea of me and Grant dating. But, I'm sorry to break all you 'Gratalie' shippers hearts, we're not in a relationship. I do love him so very much and think he is an amazing person and friend.

V: Aw, well I think you two would make an adorable couple, but I'll take your word for it. Anyway, thank you so much for chatting with me today!

NB: You are very welcome!