A Promise.

(This is kind of like a prequel [is that what you call it] to the last chapter. Enjoy!)

Newt was two steps below you, shrinking to your height as you stood at the edge of obliviation.

"You don't have to do this," Newt said to you, still holding your hand.

"No, no, Newt, I do...it is for your protection, and..." You ran your free hand through his hair. "You know that I would do anything to keep you safe, Newt Scamander," You turned and faced the pouring rain. You stepped forward, but Newt pulled you back, turning you around to face him once again.

"Allow me to make one last promise to you," He began. "I promise, that for as long as I live...I will always love you, even if I never meet you again. I promise to love you forever, Y/F/N  Y/L/N," A single tear streamed down his cheek. Within the last three days, Newt Scamander had given you the most magical experience of your entire life. You wiped the tear and kissed his nose.

"It's funny how the most magical moments of my life...I'll never remember," You smiled painfully, not letting go of him.

"You don't have to forget, Y/N," He began. "We can travel together, we can go wherever you want to go," He searched his mind for more to say. "I'll keep you in my suitcase if I have to," You chuckled and backed away from him. You could see how desperate he was to keep you with him in his eyes. "Please don't go...please," He begged for you to say. His chin began to quiver. "Please stay, Y/N-- I need you," You shook your head as a tear fell down your cheek.

"You don't need me, Newt...I'm just a muggle," His lips parted when you said this.

"You were never just a muggle to me, Y/N," You couldn't keep arguing with him.

"Goodbye, Newt Scamamnder...I promise to always love you too," You stepped out into the rain, letting every drop hit your face. He expanded an umbrella from his wand and covered the both of you. He pushed back your wet hair and planted a kiss on your lips. You wrapped your arms around his waist, and kissed back.

"I'll always love you, Y/F/N  Y/L/N,"  He stepped back, letting the rain obliviate you. When you opened your eyes, he had vanished.

Short chapter but whatever. To be completely honest, my heart breaks every time I proof read this chapter. Thanks for the support. Leave suggestions down in the comments so I can write things you guys want to read

All the love,

-the author