Brilliant.

You and Newt were sitting in the dessert biome, just watching Frank flutter around, screeching occasionally. Newt had his sketchbook open, and was drawing Frank. At least that's what you thought he was drawing. You rested your chin on your hand and sighed as you still looked at Frank soaring through his biome. You looked over at Newt, who was already looking at you. You furrowed your eyebrows at him and looked down at his sketchbook.

"What are you doing?" You asked, blushing furiously. He smiled and bowed his head.

"What are you doing?" You asked again, but this time you laughed. You leaned forward and saw a sketch of you sitting in front of him.

"I thought you were supposed to be drawing things for your book," You remarked. You slapped his shoulder gently and blushed even harder.

"This is for my book!" He replied cheerfully. There was a moment of silence when you looked away from him and stared at Frank.

"You draw me more beautiful than I am, Mr. Scamander," You spoke quietly in a serious tone, but you still smiled.

"I draw you as I see you," He replied as he kept his gaze on your eyes. Another moment of silence.

"Do you have any more of those?" You questioned. He laughed and shook is head.

"Yes, matter of fact I do," He began, his smile growing wider. You turned towards him completely.

"May I see them, Mr. Scamander?" Your whole face lit up with excitement. He leaned closer to you, slowly but surely and looked down at your lips.

"Not until my book is released," He whispered in you ear. He stood up quickly with his sketchbook in his arms like a sly fox.

"Why not?" You blushed once again.

"It's a surprise," He teased as he walked back to the small cottage that held the entrance to the suitcase.

Two years later, his book is finally finished. He insisted that he decide which pages go where in the book. You asked him why, and he told you that you already knew. You couldn't for the life of you recall why he would hide certain pages from you.

It was the night before your birthday, and he hinted very heavily that one of the things he was getting you was your own personal copy of the book. You lay awake in your bed, listening to Newt rummage around in the room next to yours. It was pitch black in your room, aside from the small lamp that stood on the crooked, wooden floor of the cottage in Newt's case. Dead silence fell upon Newt's room. You froze. Footsteps then began to trail their way to your door. You could hear Newt mumbling outside of your room. He was reciting was he was going to say. A gentle, quiet knock broke the silence. You closed your eyes as he opened the door and pretended to be asleep.

"Y/N?" He called out for you in a whisper. "Y/N, darling, are you awake?" His voice sounded genuine and kind. He walked to your bedside and watched your chest rise and fall for a long moment.

"I have something for you," He began. "I just...couldn't wait 'till morning," Although he thought you were sleep, he knew that from previous events, you would respond to him in your sleep. But really, you were just awake with your eyes closed, pretending to be asleep when you did, in fact, respond at all. That was the only thing you had ever kept from your best friend of two years. That you knew that he would sometimes come into your room at night and tell you that he loved you, and that he plans to tell you that one day when you are awake.

You felt the space beside you in the bed sink down. His body warmed your hips, where he was sitting.

"This is..." He started again. "This is here for you as soon as you wake up," He placed something on the top of your headboard.

With some hesitation, he finished with "I-...I love you," and leaned over slowly, placing a soft kiss on your forehead. You couldn't help but giggle. You opened your eyes, which met his, not even a foot away from your face.

"Were you awake that whole time?" He blushed. You only laughed and covered your mouth with your hand. "You buggar!" He exclaimed, smiling uncontrollably. You sat up and slapped his arm.

"I am not a buggar!" You tried to say whilst laughing hysterically. He looked down, his rosy cheeks still blooming on his face. You turned around and reached for the gift behind you. It was wrapped in brown, thick paper with the words, "For you" written in his handwriting on the top. You looked up at him and blushed.

"Open it," He commanded gently, his voice quiet. You tore the paper, which revealed a tan colored book cover.

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," You read. "Written by Newt Scamander, Help With Illustrations from Y/F/N Y/L/N," Your eyes brimmed with tears when you saw your name printed on the front cover of his book. You turned the page and saw the title again. Then, the dedication page.

"For Y/F/N, a brilliant mind, whom I am fortunate to know," Your voice was broken up as you said this.

"Newt," You cried out softly, covering your mouth once again with your hand. You heard him chuckle, but in a way that he was almost about to cry too.

"Turn the page again, darling," He could barely say anything. You did as he said, and an illustration of you, sitting on a bench as Frank soared in front of you. Memories flooded back into your mind. You didn't say anything. You just looked up at him with a grateful and undeserving look in your eyes.

"There's more if you'd like to see them-" He stammered out before you cut him off with a gentle kiss on his lips. You moved your hand to his cheek and pulled him closer to you. He tangled his fingers in your hair and gripped your waist with his other hand. Not to your surprise, but to his, he began to kiss back.

At this very moment, nothing was around you. All you were aware of were Newt's hands warming you at the touch, and his lips, making your whole face and body tingle. You pulled away and looked into his green eyes. You unintentionally cracked a smile.

"You're brilliant, Newt Scamander,"

Lololol this part was kinda bad but I mean

Leave your suggestions in the comments because I want to be able to write what you guys want to read

Thank you for the support

Love you guys