I turn back to Niall, "Keep me busy."

He is about to go onto a random subject, but his face reddens. "Don't look now, but Harry's coming here right now."

My body tenses as I hear him approach from behind me, "Mia...can we talk?"

"So Niall, tell me more about your Aunt Janice." I say to Niall, pretending Harry isn't there.

"Mia." He begs, but I don't listen.

"It must've been a pretty eventful Christmas." I let out the breath I was holding as I hear him walk away from me.

As soon as class is over, I hurry out because I know in my heart he is following me. "Mia, please hear me out!"

"Harry, stop." I tell him, walking faster then before.

"Mia-" He begins, grabbing my arm.

"Don't!" I scream at him. "Don't you dare touch me."

"Mia-"

"No. You don't get to explain yourself. You purposefully did that to Zayn, you asshole." I rant, poking his chest. "You don't get to apologize. So do me a fucking favor, and don't talk to me ever again. You got it?"

He looks shaken as I finish and he opens his mouth to reply, but Zayn comes up to us and smiles. "Is there a problem here?"

"No, no problem at all." Harry murmurs, staring directly at me.

"Mia, is there a problem?"

"No." I say, glaring at Harry.

"Good, we wouldn't want a problem here. Now would we?" He smirks, wrapping an arm around me.

We go to walk away but he doesn't leave us all, "Why don't you tell her the truth?"

Zayn turns arund fast, "Excuse me?"

"You fucking heard me."

He laughs and licks his lips, "Why don't you go the fuck away? Can't you see neither Mia or I want you here?"

"Fuck you. If she knew who you were, you know she would much rather be with me." Harry glares.

"Would she?" He smirks, walking straight up to him and looking him in the eyes. "Now get your pretty boy ass and get the fuck out of here."

His eyes dialate, "I'm going to get my pretty boy ass and get the fuck out of here."

"Good boy." Zayn grins, patting his cheek.

When he gets over to me, he wraps his arm around my shoulder and walks me to my next class. "What do you say to coming over after school?"

"I say that sounds great."

When we get to Zayn's house, the first thing we decide to do is finish our homework. He pops us some popcorn and places it on the table so we can snack throughout it.

"What did you get for number five?" He asks, peering at my teacher.

"I got 368." I smile, showing him my paper.

"How the hell?" Zayn murmurs, shaking his head.

My eyes flicker over to him when his phone goes off loudly, he quickly answers and then puts it down. I take that as a go to get back to my work.

"I'm going to hurry and head to the bathroom." He tells me, running off without his phone.

As soon as he's gone, my eyes flicker back and forth between his phone and my work. Before I can register, my hands are already wrapped around his phone.

From: Thomas

Si perstas infernum vadis?

From: Zayn

Multo. Quin et irrumabo clauditis regnum caelorum? Meo, hoc facio.

From: Thomas

Sicut canis carere. Ego taedio tuo "expectantes" stercore.

My eyebrows furrow as I wonder why they decide to talk in a different language. It must be Latin again.

I hear his footsteps become audible and I hurrily put his phone down. He walks in and he notices my uneasy look. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I smile, looking back at my work.

His eyes wander to his phone. "Were you on my phone?"

"No, of course not."

As soon as I get home, I realize my mom and dad are no where to be seen. They must be out at dinner or something.

I drop my things and head into the kitchen, heating up some water to make some hot cocoa. As I'm pouring the water into a mug, a shriek leaves my lips as all of a sudden all my kitchen cabinets fly open all around me.

My breathing goes uneven as I try to think of any rational idea why this could've happened. And then the electricity goes out.

I try to calm myself down as I stand still in my kitchen, my body shaking uncontrollably. Then my ears suddenly perk up when I hear footsteps walking above me. I stay as quiet as I can so I can try to hear what is happening upstairs.

The floorboards creek and I hurrily shovel my phone out of my pocket.

From: Mia Clarke

Holy shit Zayn, I think somebody's in my house.

I then open Gmail to email Mariah.

To: mariahstowsen@gmail.com
From: miaclarke18@gmail.com

Mariah, this stuff has not lightened up. I distanced myself from Harry, why is this still happening?

I tip-toe quietly into the living room to see if I can peer upstairs.

To: miaclarke18@gmail.com
From: mariahstowsen@gmail.com

Are you okay? Are you sure it's a paranormal being? If you're sure, we could've been wrong about who it is.

My eyes close in frustration as I listen to hear if they are gone. It doesn't sound as if anybody is there anymore as Zayn messages me back.

From: Zayn Malik

Are you okay? Are they still there?

From: Mia Clarke

No...I think they're gone.

I go back to the kitchen and close all the cabinets as my phone dings.

From: Zayn Malik

Okay, good...I'm glad. But Mia? Next time, don't lie to me.

----

I finally freaking updated. So freaking great, that I am.

This is actually longer then the last, like I promised. Or I think it is. I don't know to be honest.

But I hope you all enjoyed it! I enjoyed writing it!

Please remember to vote and comment! I love you all!

Darkness//Z.Mजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें