Is This Where I Belong?

Thank you guys so much! All of your feedback makes me feel like my story is worth reading!

THIS IS A LONG CHAPTER LOTS OF IMPORTANT STUFF IS HAPPENING!!! I do apologize for the length to it tho!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ELIZABETHS POV

I just got off the flight in Augusta, and now I'm heading to the car rental place in the airport. I still have all of my original documents; drivers license, birth certificate, social security card, and other forms of identification. So i'm just gonna switch back to being Ashleynn Leigh Rose. Can you actually do that? I don't know, so I'm going to....try to at least. Lets see how this goes..

"Thank you ms. Rose, heres your car, and you're free to go!" The car renter dude said, he's not a salesman is he? Cause he's not selling me the car.. Just letting me rent it..? Hmm, anyway I got this cute little black 2014 Honda and I was off.

When i got to the border i stopped and got out so I could talk to the patrol to let me in. Funnily enough, its Alpha Joseph, my first mate. Looking at him now, noticing how tired and skinny he looked, how sad he looked.. it crushed me inside. He might have rejected me, but he's still my original mate. He's the mate i will always want first, he's just the person I'll always want no matter what, its him over anyone. When he saw me he reached out to me. Feeling kind of bad, I let him.

"Ashleynn,is that you? You're really here, you look different smell different too.. Did you mate with someone? WHO IS IT? I'LL KILL THAT S.O.B FOR TAKING WHATS MINE!!" Did he miss me? Did he look for me? Or is h- "Goddess, you smell so good, I don't like the added scent. We'll deal with that later. I missed you so much, I feel like I've been dead since you've left, you cant leave me again, please, never again. I-I always noticed you, Ash, you know. Always noticed you, I C-Couldnt help it, Yo-you're just so perfect. I was just scared I didn't want a mate, but I didn't think you'd leave me.. I'm s-so so sorry. Please forgive? Give me a second chance??" Joseph cut off my thoughts by pulling me into his chest while dropping his head into the crook of my neck, taking a deep breath of my changed scent. It took me a second to remember to breathe when he hugged me, the tingles were so strong, so much stronger than Chris's. And honestly, I love it so much. It took me a minute to realize he was crying-let me rephrase that.. he was full out sobbing, and that was heart breaking.

"Oh, Joseph.. You look terrible, come on you need sleep and food! You cant just destroy yourself. How can you let me affect you like this?? I did miss you too, you know. I'll answer your questions after you get some sleep. Lets go to your house so i can lay with you, only lay with you, and you can catch up on your well deserved sleep, okay? Then I'll explain and answer all your questions. Calm down, Joseph. You're okay, I'm back. And if all goes well, I'm staying. BUT you have to explain yourself completely! EVERY little detail, do you understand that?" I replied back to him.

As I was talking to Joseph, I watched how there was a glimmer of hope in his eyes, along with another emotion that I didn't know. "YES! Yes I understand! Ple-please don't leave again.. The pack needs you, I need you." He was finally sobering up from his crying and i pulled him in the car and told him to take us to his room. Once in his room, he laid down, pulled me down next to him, wrapping me in his warm embrace. To be honest, this is the safest I've ever felt.. I didn't even feel this way with Chris. Wishing the next few minutes he was out like a light, and not long after, so was I.

***THE NEXT DAY***

I woke up to Joseph playing with my hair, it was nice, relaxing."Good morning," he said huskily in my ear. I rolled over feeling the most awake I think I ever have. "Morning, how did you sleep?" I replied stretching and yawning, rolling back over taking the warmth of the covers with me.

"The best sleep I've had since I found out you were my mate, and me being a year older than you, I've known for almost two years considering its almost been a year since you've been home. I searched and searched and searched for you.. There was nothing, not one trace however, there was a scent trail to the airport but when I asked around, no one had seen you or known where you went. Goddess I finally stopped about three months ago, you made it clear you didn't want to be found. So, I let you be.. even if that was the hardest thing I had to do." I didn't realize I was crying until he reached his hand under my eyes to wipe my tears.

"Why did you reject me though? I just want that one answer." I whispered that, too untrusting of my own voice to actually speak clearly. I know he heard me by the way his body tensed. "My dad. He knew the day I found out you were my mate, I was SO freaking happy. I didn't want to tell you, I wanted to wait until You would know so you didn't feel pressured to do anything. As soon as I got home I went straight to the my dads office to tell him the good news! He was excited at first...until he asked for your name, he knew your status.. He told me that if I didn't reject you on your birthday he would kill you. I wouldn't have been able to live with that, so I did what he asked. I told you earlier that I didn't want you, I didnt want to lie, but I didnt want to tell you too early and you walk away and leave again, I'm so so so sorry, please forgive me! Thats the only thing I have lied about I swear it! I.. I didn't think you would leave You were supposed to stay and I could love you from afar like I had been doing for that year, you could have moved on and found someone else, of course that would have crushed me but nothing is better than you being happy and alive. I did it to protect you." After he told me that I really didn't know how to respond. I was crying.. harder than I wanted to be considering he broke my heart, but by the looks of it I broke his heart too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goodnight guys! This chapter is a heck of a lot longer than my others. Lots of good stuff coming up!

OH! IM JUST SO EXCITED!! 😍

well, till next time guys,

-kenna :*