f o u r

I just couldn't bring myself to get out of bed the next day so I called Jack and told him I didn't feel fine and wasn't coming to work.

I couldn't believe that some man could affect me so much. Naive, that's what I was. A naive girl who still lived with her mom. Probably so many people thought I was naive.

Why is he affecting so much? Maybe his words were harmless and he wouldn't do anything.

I stood up from my bed and walked into my bathroom to get ready for the morning. Once I was finished, I grabbed my laptop and laid down in my bed. I sure would find thing about him on the internet. I was right as I pressed search a lot results came up.

I need to have something against him in case he acts on his words. Two can play this game.

I found out that Tane was a powerful man, which didn't help me with my nerves. He owned companies here in the US and even some in Europe, the Eaton Enterprises. That's why he was shocked when I told him I didn't know about it.

I also found out that he went out on a lot of dates and there were some pictures of beautiful women but apparently he never officially was in a relationship. They were just mere flings. But after a lot of digging and putting two and two together, I found a secret about him. I closed my laptop with a satisfied feeling.

I won't let some random man destroy me.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was already two in the afternoon.

It was unbelievable that I'm letting a man affect me like this. In my 24 years of living, I've never been this worked up over a guy. I do know better to judge someone by their actions but for some reason I can't help it but judge Tane. I've done nothing wrong to that man and he made his job to ruin my days. He didn't even do anything yet, Blaire. I need to stop overthinking.

With a sigh I stood up from my bed and headed towards the kitchen to make myself some lunch and with that I meant some toast with avocado and a cup of green tea.

Tomorrow I need to go to work, I can't believe I'm so worked up over a few words. But what if he's not lying? No, think positive Blaire.

I was cleaning the living room when I heard the ping of a new message on my phone. I walked towards the cabinet and grabbed my phone.

New message from Tane

I had a bad feeling about this.

I'll be watching you, Blaire. – Tane

I couldn't believe this man. He's 28 years old and wants to destroy me just because I didn't let him use my body. 

Enjoy the show. – Blaire

I put my phone down and turned the volume of my music up.

•••

I'm sorry for this short chapter. School has been too much for me to handle especially with my exams coming up.