Chapter 6: Amnesia

My eyes fluttering open, I yawned while I stretched and sat up in bed. Last night was the best sleep I've had in months. Hell, the best in years. I felt so comfortable there at that moment, I wanted it to last forever. But why was I so comfortable?

I tried to recall the moments of last night, but nothing came up. Why couldn't I remember? All I remember was coming home only to be forced to train, and that's it. Huh, that's weird.

Shrugging it off, I got out of bed and noticed a piece of paper taped to my door. It read:

Isabella,

I decided to let you sleep in after the stressful night you had last night, but don't use it as an excuse to fall back on training.
I think last night's discussion was appropriate for you and I. I'm sorry for pushing you too much. I hope you had a good rest.

See you when I get home,
Dad

What stressful night? I began to wonder. Then something hit me like a cold, hard slap in the face. I looked at the clock.

11:25 a.m.

My head snapped to the calendar. It was Friday.

Shit, I thought and frantically ran across the room towards my small, but resourceful, closet. Today I had my World History exam that I wouldn't be able to make up. I could get to school on time if I headed out in the next 10 minutes.

Grabbing a random outfit from my closet, I rushed to the bathroom. Eyeing the shower for moment, I shook my head and continued to get dressed.

No time for a shower, I thought while slipping on my jeans. Just spraying tons of body spray will have to do.

I finished getting dressed in less than 2 minutes. It was a simple jeans and brown hoodie with a blue undershirt. I had to scurry around to find my Converse, though. My gloves were in my pocket waiting to act as a shield of my deadly touch.

I left the house with about five minutes left to get to school. I cursed myself and quickly left the house.

~•~·~•~·~•~·~•~·~•~·~•~·~•~

So I made it to class a few minutes after they started the test, but my teacher let me take it anyway. Now World History is my best subject from the fact that it's all about memorization. So it shouldn't be a problem, right? Well when I opened my test booklet and read the first question, my head just blanked. All I was really trying to think about was what happened last night. This went on for the rest of the test.

I turned my test in and ducked out of the classroom to my locker. When I opened it, a note tumbled out and onto the floor. I picked it up and read it.

Be very careful outside.

Um, what? I brushed it off, grabbed my Algebra book and closed my locker, only to find Edward standing right next to me. I jumped, of course.

"Is it your life mission to scare me to death?" I muttered, not looking at him. He chuckled. I rolled my eyes, but smiled nonetheless.

"Is that a smile I see?"

And just like that, smile gone.

I slam my locker shut and face Edward. "What do you want?" I asked in a not-so-friendly tone.

His smile faded. "I was just checking to make you were alright. You weren't here this morning." He said, almost accusingly.

"I slept in. I'm sorry that my sleeping hours affected your life." I began walking off, but not to get rid of him. We both began walking to the lunchroom.