02; sweetheart

a/n: so this is super cute omg. also big snow storm heading our way currently so I guess I gotta be prepared for that but I guess just enjoy the chapter. lots of love, ash❤️❤️

I let out a big puff of air as I tied my last shoe. My hair was done in its natural curls and the sweater being small hugged my curves nicely and the annoying red skirt was itching the hell out of me but I decided to not jump right into my pants the first day I meet my professors. I grabbed my books just as a knock on my door came.

"It's open" I said and the door pushed open and Neil leaned against the door frame.

"Just because you know where my dorm is doesn't mean you always need to pay me little visits" I said and he chuckled.

"Well I actually wasn't planning on visiting but Mr. Nolan is making me escort you to all your classes so you don't get lost today" he said stepping in and I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"So I get a whole day with the Neil Perry. Oh I'm swooning" I said grabbing the sides of his blazer and straightening it out. He smiled at me and grabbed half my books.

"Let's go we don't want to be late. I will warn you the day will drag on until we get to english" he said holding his arm out for me and I wrapped mine around it as we stepped out the room and walked down the halls and stairs.

"Miss Nolan" he said as we approached the door.

"Why thank you Mr. Perry" I said laughing along with him as we stepped inside. He sat me down next to him and I rubbed his knee in a thank you.

"Woah Neil, are you about to get it?" Knox sat forward and whispered in his ear but Neil just glared at him. I pretended I didn't hear and listened to the professor. We made it through our main classes before we walked to english.

"Your gonna love this. Mr. Keating is awesome" he said as we walked in.

"Hey she's new would you mind sitting in the back so I can get her caught up" Neil said to the boy who's desk was across from his. The boy looked at me eyes bulging as I smiled at him. He swiftly moved and I sat down as I lightly laughed with Neil.

"Hello boys" a man stepped out from the back room. His voice was thick but sweet and definitely memorable.

"And lady" I said out loud and he smiled at me before walking through the desks and in front of mine. Sorry but I was just sick of being referred to as one of the boys the whole day.

"Of course, Mr. Nolan told me about you. The young beauty who is gonna take all these boys attention of their school work" he said and I glared. I'm not doing it on purpose. He noticed and smiled.

"It not your fault sweetheart. Boys are boys and at this age they are flowing with hormones. Every boy in here wants to find some way to get to know you" he said walking back towards the front and leaning on his desk. I stood up. I'm not being disrespectful but I know my rights.

"You seem like an awesome teacher but let's keep the childish pet names to ourselves. I won't be called sweet heart unless another person in this room is sweetheart. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't be as smart as any of the boys in this room. If they can't focus that's their fault. Not mine. But my name is Evangeline and that's the only name I would like to be called" I said before sitting down. Neil looked at me eyebrows raised and eyes wide.

"Strong, independent, and bold. I was just messing with you darling just to make sure I could get the emotion out of you. Men you respect this young lady but if you don't mind Evangeline I'm still gonna use the childish pet names as you called it and if it bugs you that much well-"

"Meeks, sweetheart. Give me an inspirational quote" he pointed to Steven and I giggled lightly.

"Im not sure I have one sir" he replied and Mr. Keating clapped his hands and nodded.

"Okay then gather around over here while I read something new for the day" he said and all the boys up'd and moved as I stayed seated.

"Miss Nolan do you need a separate invitation" Mr. Keating asked and I stood and walked over to the group.

"Miss Nolan give me something inspirational to start off the day since Meeks failed to. Something almost as good as Carpe Diem" he said and I smirked.

"Joie de Vivre" I smiled at him and his eyes squinted as he questioned me. I didn't quite get this guy yet. But I could tell he didn't quite get me either.

"Exuberant enjoyment of life, creative Miss Nolan" he said as he opened a book and started reading. He used different voices and the boys laughed and laughed. As much as Mr. Keating got on my nerves this first day I have a feeling he is something great. He knows that we have a mind of our own and we don't always need to be told what to do. Finally the end of the day came along and me and Neil were walking out of dinner.

"You should come to our study group tonight" he said and I shrugged.

"I think I might just stay in tonight" I said and he nodded as we stopped in front of my dorm.

"Okay I'll see you later" he said and I nodded as I stepped in and he ran off. I showered and then changed into my silk nightie almost immediately. I was beyond exhausted but I couldn't tell you why. I laid on my bed doing homework upon homework. I held english to the last since it was my favorite.

Mr. Keating was actually pretty great and I understand why the boys enjoy him so much. I looked at the time and hours had passed. A knock on my door caused me to pull a blanket over my body just in case it was someone other then my Grandpa.

"It's open!" I said as I continued my work.

"Hey sweet pea how was your first day" my Grandpa stepped in and I shrugged removing the blanket since it was just him.

"Okay it might just take some getting used to" I said and he smiled as I turned back to my homework.

"You should get some rest. You can't catch up on everything in one night" he said kissing my head before walking out. Just as I focused back in there was another knock. Of course he forgot something.

"I said it was open!" I said and the door pushed open. There Neil stood and I tried to act as if the fact I was bra-less in a silk nightie that I was praying wasn't showing as much butt as I thought it was.

"Hey Neil" I said but he just stood there.

"Neil" I said again and he snapped out of it.

"Oh um- I just wanted to see how you were catching up on homework" he said shutting the door behind him and I shrugged.

"I should of took your study group offer because this is a lot" I said and he nodded.

"You could join us tomorrow then, Im sure the teachers will understand you can't catch up on the first day" his wandering eyes were hard not to notice.

"So you enjoy your first day?" he asked laying down on the open side of the queen bed I received for being the only girl for one whole dorm.

"If enjoy means 'I didn't burn to bad in hell' then sure" I said and he laughed as I rolled over so I wasn't on my stomach.

"So even though I know where my classes are now you still wanna pick me up at my dorm tomorrow?" I asked and he looked over and smiled at me.

"I was planning on it" he said and I smiled.

"Neil thanks for being so nice. I wasn't quite sure I would make barely any friends considering I'm the only girl at an all boys school" I said and he chuckled.

"I think you got that backwards. You will probably be friends with everyone here considering your the only girl at an all boys school" and we both laughed.

"I'm gonna get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow" he said after we sat there for a while. He sat up and I grabbed his arm.

"Wait. Neil" I said before kissing his cheek.

"Thank you, again" I said and he nodded a deep shade of red as he got up and left. I really really liked him.