Chapter Seven

The second I open the door, Sarah bursts in with prepped garlic bread in her hands, "Where is he? I'll tell him he needs to get his ass in gear and play with you! That card of yours needs to be thrown out the window!" She turns and looks at me, "Where is he?"

I blush as I look up at her, "He's um... upstairs."

Her gaze softens as she looks up the stairs, "Like, in the bathroom?"

I shake my head, "No... More like my bedroom."

She gasps, "Oh my gosh, and I interrupted you. I'm so sorry!"

I smile as she hands me the garlic bread, "It's okay. I'm just glad it's you and not my dad. We already had one meeting with him today, I don't need an awkward one."

Sarah furrows her brow, "He met your dad already?" She shakes her head, "Never mind that. Has he kissed you yet?"

I nod and close the apartment door, "Yes. We were just about to take things a little further when you knocked!" I nudge her lightly, "His lips are like silk!"

The stairs creak and we turn, finding Elvis standing shirtless before us. Sarah gapes at his bare chest and broad shoulders. "Are you joining us for dinner?" He asks in a soft tone, noticing the bread in my hands.

Sarah shakes her head, "N-no, I just came over here to give Marissa the garlic bread I'd promised her."

I smirk, speaking under my breath, "And to yell at you for not touching me."

Elvis looks at me, then to Sarah, "Is that true?" How did he hear me?

She gasps, nudging me, "Just a little, I suppose... But it was mostly for the garlic bread, I know how much she likes it."

I smile at her, "Thank you." I look up at Elvis, "I thought I told you to stay upstairs?"

He bites his lip, his cheeks turning a light pink, "Well, I heard Sarah's voice and figured it was safe to emerge."

I set the bread down on the desk in the entryway and place my hands on my hips, "You thought it was safe to emerge shirtless, with your pants partially undone?"

Sarah giggles beside me and watches as he turns and fixes his slacks, "Well... I-I didn't really think about that."

I nod, "Uh huh, I can see that!" The timer in the kitchen goes off before I can say anything else. "Go and get your shirt on, because I've gotta go add another half hour to the timer, and start the pasta and bread."

He turns and goes back upstairs, and Sarah follows me as I go to the kitchen. "Woah girl, I didn't know you could talk to a guy like that!"

I shrug lightly as I get a pot and put water in it to boil on the stove. "I've read and written romance novels. Of course, mine aren't as good or finished, but I do have them!"

She nods, "I know. I've read them, and wondered how you could be so vivid then too!"

I chuckle, "Lizzy taught me everything she knows, and she's known since she was about sixteen!"

"I never understood how that worked. Lizzy looks like a twig compared to you, and she screwed ninety percent of the guys in this town before she moved south with her husband. But you have zero experience."

I shrug, "Maybe after being with her, they figured they should stay away from the younger sister. Lizzy's twenty-six, so she got to most of the guys in tenth, eleventh, and twelfth grade before I even had a chance. Plus, the guys in my class were gross and I was only interested in dating older guys."

Both of us look up as Elvis comes in with his black and white shirt on and a soft smile on his face. "I apologize for presentin' myself in an inappropriate manner before."