Chapter Sixteen

After we both finish eating in total silence, I drop my now empty container in the trash. I look up at him and smile softly, "Thank you for dinner, it was very good."

Elvis loosens his tie and then discards it over the back of his chair, his jacket following suit. He unbuttons his sleeves and rolls them up to elbow length, "You're welcome. Your stomach was growlin' pretty loud, so I figured I'd better feed ya." He wipes his palms on his slacks. He's sweating? He must be scared of what I'm going to say.

I clear my throat softly, "While we ate, I thought of a couple things that might help." He looks up at me, anxiously biting his lip. I sigh, "First, I want you to go to whoever you need to and get me registered as an official secretary. This will allow me to be dismissed from class any time you need me for actual business."

Elvis scrambles and grabs a notebook, quickly jotting this down. "Okay, I'll email them first thing tomorrow morning and get that ball rolling." He looks back up at me, "What else?"

"Since I can't trust you, for the time being, I don't think you should have any one-on-one meetings with female students." I pause for a moment, "Whenever you have a meeting with a female student, I'd like to be in attendance so that you can control your urges. Or witchcraft, or whatever ailment is causing you to be like this." I was expecting kickback on that, but instead he instantly nods.

I clear my throat and shift slightly, "The third thing that I can think of right now... is a bit harsher." I look at him, "I want total access to your phone and email at any time I ask. No deleting any texts or emails. I need to see exactly what's going on."

Without missing a beat, he pulls his phone from his pocket and slides it across the table. "Here you go, look at anythin' you want. I don't keep a passcode on my phone, so just swipe it open and look." He looks at me and nods, "When I said anythin', I meant it."

I glance at his phone and then back at him, "Thank you, but I don't need it right now." I sigh and wipe a hand over my face. I was dreading telling him my final point, but I felt like it was important for him to prove to me that he could control himself. "Um... There's one last thing."

Elvis tilts his head slightly and leans forward, seeming to notice that I look embarrassed, "What is it? It's okay, you can tell me."

I chew my bottom lip, feeling even more anxious with his eyes on me. I felt like he was staring into my soul. I look down at my sneakers, the rubber soles were dirty. I should clean these when I get home tonight. How did they even get this dirty?

I'm pulled from my thoughts by the sound of his pen tapping against his desk. I look up at him and he sighs, "What is it? Just spit it out, I'm gettin' real anxious waitin'."

I lick my lips slowly and draw in a deep breath, "I think that we should slow our relationship way down."

"Way down?" He tilts his head slightly, "How so?"

I shift nervously, "Well... We don't even know each other. We flirted with our eyes in a restaurant, you walked in as our fill in professor, and then you basically had your mouth against my neck in the next instance." I rub the back of my neck, "I think we should back off of having sex and fooling around and just get to know each other, you know?"

I look up at Elvis and he looks as if he's just seen a ghost. He shakes his head slightly, as if to draw himself out of some trance, and flicks his eyes to me, "You don't want to have sex?" I shake my head. He sighs, "Besides not knowin' each other very well, is there some other reason?"

"Mainly it's just that we don't know each other." I pause for a moment, "But I also feel like you can't control yourself very well. I want to start slow and get to know one another. As we build our relationship, we can reintroduce different things."