The Wolf in the Alleyway

with every step, a sharp ring ecohed across the empty streets. i hated the long walk back home but the town was the worst. i was so afraid of something jumping from alleyways. a loud crash interrupted my thoughts and i spun around. now i was terrified. my eyes darted from side to side, desperately trying to locate the source of the noise. i turned again, blind terror replacing panic. panting heavily i turned into an alleyway. suddenly i felt an arm around my neck and another around my mouth, i was dragged back into the alleyway and my captor pulled out  knife.

"gimme your bag, money and phone NOW"

as i scrabbled to get the phone from my pocket, my attackers face turned white as he started backing away to the dead end wall of the alleyway. a deep rumbling growl caused me to slowly turn around. a few feet ahead, at the mouth of the alleyway, was the biggest dog i had ever seen. in fact it wasn't a dog it was a wolf. pure black with huge shoulders and massive teeth-but its eyes. they were the purest blue, ice cold and focused on the kill. a whimper from behind me brought me back to the real world. my would-be attacker was crouched in a corner, shaking and whimpering like a terrified kitten. the wolf growled again and stepped forwards. it glanced at me before lunging forwards and plunging its claws into him. i screamed and started to run, i had to. i hoped that the man would buy me some time. my heart was pounding and my only thought was run, RUN.