Chapter 11 | Myles

Start from the beginning

"We do often see one another on the weekends and holidays, though." Arsen argues.

"Oh, shut up." Jemma huffed. "Are you guys happy to see me or not?"

"Well, not really-"

Spencer cut Arsen off and placed a hand on the blonde girl's shoulder. "Of course, we're only messing with you."

As they chatted about their weekends, I would occasionally pitch in when I felt comfortable enough. I enjoyed knowing that the four of them were interested in what I had to say.

Before I know it, I'm in history class thinking about why adults always say not to dwell in the past when that is exactly what we are doing! Although, I do think the past is very important. Unfortunately, history just isn't a subject I find myself fond of. I have to force myself to pay attention.

"Psst, hey," someone whispers.

"Psst."

Who the hell is doing that? I abruptly turn around and see Arsen grinning.

"Look," He points at the window.

I see my brother and his group of friends waving and smiling at me like morons. They are disrupting the class and drawing attention to me, that's exactly what I don't like. I'm positive that I'm blushing like crazy.

I can't decide if this was my goofy brother's doing or his even goofier friends' doing. They are all there, acting like idiots.

The only one not smiling is Cole. He has his arms crossed and staring at me. He looks like he's either making a decision or just angry. Then he just storms away from the group, which is very much fine by me.

-

I want to do well in all my classes so I stay focused and organised. I'm aware when the bell rings but I'm still the last one out the class - the teacher's even left - because I can't get my crap together.

And as a get ready to walk through the door and leave, I'm shoved back in the empty class.

Instantly, I'm scared.

I look up to see who has a firm grip on my shoulders. It makes me realize how much larger and stronger he is than me. If he wanted to, he could hurt me badly.

"C-cole, what are-are you doing?" I faltered.

"Just sit down," he commands. I don't hesitate because listening to him seems like the wisest option.

"I want to apologise," he says out of the blue. "I'm sorry for punching and kissing you."

In most cases I'd be glad that someone had attempted to apologize for wronging me, but I couldn't tell if Cole was being sincere as his words came out forcedly and rushed. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and forgive him, since he did make his way over to find me here, even if he has trapped me in this classroom for the moment.

"Why did you do it?" I ask.

"I don't know, but the point is that I'm sorry and sorry for blaming you." He avoids answering me properly.

I don't think I'll be able to coax a serious explanation from Cole, as it seems that doesn't even know the reason behind his actions. Could the reason for his kiss simple of been a random spur of the moment? I couldn't think of any other reason why he decided to attach his lips to my own.

"Okay, then." Was all I responded in. I want to go home now.

"But it didn't mean anything. No one can know. Otherwise, you'll be in deep shit. Got it?"

He's actually insane. I nod my head twice and gulp. I keep my head down, refusing to meet his intimidating gaze. It felt like his eyes were searing into me.

"Good. You're Mycah's brother and I'm his friend; we will be seeing one another around. That's inevitable. But leave me alone and I will leave you alone."

Leave him alone? I never even bothered him in the first place, nor do I have any future intentions of bothering him. It's not like I wanna be around him.

"Okay, bye, shorty." He smirks, as he leaves me behind in a classroom again.

The whole situation has me dumbfounded and breathless.

What the hell?

-

"Hey, Myles," Jackson said.

It wasn't currently break time and we were all sitting at the table that we had basically claimed as ours.

"You know they're having football tryouts for this season tomorrow? Arsen and I are going to try out for the team." He asks.

"I thought they already had tryouts. My brother and his friends are on the team."

"No, seniors and juniors, already tried out for it at the end of last year. Sophomores are trying out in a few days," he told me.

"Uh, okay. Why are telling me this?" I said.

"Just wondering. Maybe you would wanna try out with us?"

And get smashed into pieces? No thanks.

I smile at him, "Nah, it's not my kind of thing."

"Oh!" Asren exclaims, "Maybe you can watch us instead."

Spencer chips in, "If you go, Myles, Jem-Jem and I will come too."

"Ooooh, I'm going either way," says Jemma, "Don't wanna miss any hot guys."

I chuckled along with the rest of them.

"Well, I guess I'll go. If I didn't I'd have to walk home or catch the bus or wait at the stadium by myself anyways." I say. 

"Sweet," Jackson said.

———————————————

In the majority of stories I've seen on here, the authors always seem to have an author's not at the end of chapters. I feel like I'm so bad at them!

I never know what to say. What, do I just, like ask you guys how your day was and hope you reply? Well in that case, how was it?