Lykos (Chioni) XX

* Pic is of Chioni

                                                           ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

Candice walked him home, bundled up in a fur coat and long fur-lined boots. Her beanie was made from pale blue wool, and it reflected the colour of her eyes. He had to drag himself away from her at the gate, and she gave him a cute little awkward wave. 

"Bye," she said, shyly.

She wants to hug me, he realized. 

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said, instead. "I keep my promises, and Rosa seemed pretty keen for a birdhouse."

"You've made them before?"

"My grandfather showed me how. It was our 'thing', when I was about ten years old," he laughed.

"Do you miss him? Is he still in Greece?"

"He died last year," Lykos replied, his chest tightening with the memory.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" She looked like she wanted to kick herself.

"Hey, it's okay, you asked a question and I told you the answer. And yeah, I really do miss him." He stared at the ground for a moment. "It'll be nice to do that again, with the birdhouses, you know?"

"Well, I know Rosa's really excited. She likes you a lot."

Do you like me a lot, too?

"Anyway, see you later."

She turned to walk away, and he quickly stopped her, grabbing her hand.

Those eyes... I swear I could drown in them.

"Hey, promise me something?"

"What?"

"You'll finish your breakfast?"

She blushed.

Yeah, you didn't get that one past me.

"Okay."

"Promise me."

"Fine! I promise."

"Thanks," he said softly, reluctantly letting her tiny hand go. "You should hurry home, you don't have any mittens on."

"Neither do you," she pointed out, smiling mischeviously. A tiny dimple quirked in her cheek.

Cute.

"Yeah, well, I don't feel the cold, and we both know you do," he returned, giving her a gentle push. She rolled her eyes and walked away, giving him a little wave.

"See you."

"Tomorrow," he rejoined, watching her trudge through the thick drifts of snow, her boots looking far too big for her frail body.

I hope she keeps her promises.

I'm only trying to save her scrawny little butt. At least she doesn't seem pissed off by it.

Not too much, anyway.

                                                           ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

The rest of the day was spent helping Mother finish unpacking boxes, and shifting furniture. There was a loft upstairs, and Mother unfortunately decided it was to be Dad's office. Lykos ended up single-handedly carrying wooden desks, wooden chairs, giant pictures in elaborately carved frames and an extremely heavy cast iron lamp up a narrow flight of stairs.