[2]

>>>>>

"Now entering level five."

Once the elevator doors opened, the two men that President Wallace left me with, lead me out and down the hallway before turning around a corner and coming face to face with a room.

In an instant, a huge weight lifted off my shoulders as I observed what was in front of me. There they were, my friends.

"Holland?" a voice gasped, the whole group turning around, looking at me slightly shocked.

"Monty?" I breathed, focusing on the Asian boy in front of me - one that we thought was dead. He rushed forward, engulfing me in a hug which I gladly accepted, the others following him and surrounding the two of us with ecstatic expressions. "Oh my god." I breathed into his shoulder. Glancing up, I noticed Jasper standing there with a smile on his face. "Jasper!"

Monty released me and I wrapped my arms around Jasper's tall frame, a sense of happiness washing over me. "I'm so glad that your all alright."

Harper then came over, hugging me as well. My eyes darted around the room looking for the two specific people. "Finn and Bellamy?" I asked, slightly hopeful.

Jasper looked at his shoes, not meeting my eye, "They," he hesitated, "didn't make it."

I just nodded, looking down at my slightly worn boots. I knew it was too good to be true.

"Any word from the Ark?" I questioned, recalling the falling pieces burning through the atmosphere. Jasper shook his head no, shoving his hands in his pockets. Jasper and the other began explaining how they all similarly got cleared for quarantine before meeting with the president who escorted them here.

About 20 minutes later, a young girl came into the room introducing herself as Keenan. She explained the basics of Mount Weather and handed us small folders. Opening mine, I noted that the first page was a map, a sense of relief washing over me. For the small amount of time I've been here, I couldn't help but already feel trapped.

On instinct, I immediately looked for the exits but there were none, a wave of uneasiness washing over me and replacing the relief. Why would they give us a map of this place with no exits?

"It's not as complicated as the map makes it out to be," she smiled, "You came from level 3, which houses our medical facility including-"

A small gasp from the doorway made me snap my head up and turn towards the door. "Clarke." I stated, dropping the folder and hugging the blonde. Jasper and Monty followed suit, wrapping their arms around us both so it was one big group hug. "Hi," she breathed almost in relief, "you're okay."

Pulling away, Clarke looked around the room before settling her gaze on me, "Finn and Bellamy?"

I just shook my head no. "Clarke, they uh, didn't make it." Jasper spoke, making me look down at my shoes once again. "Hey," Clarke grabbed my hand making me look up at her, "We don't know that, they could have gotten out. What about Raven?"

I finally noticed that it wasn't just Finn and Bellamy missing but Raven, Octavia, Miller as well as a few others. Before I could say anything, Keenan came over handing Clarke one of the folders, "Welcome Clarke, If you have any questions, I'm Keenan." and with that she walked back too the front of the room. Clarke immediately opened her folder to the page with the map and I could instantly tell by the look on her face what she was thinking. She didn't trust them and neither did I.

>>>>>

Soft music travelled through the room as the clanking on the silverware snapped me out of my daze. This place seemed to good to be true; food, water, protection, but at no cost?