SIXTY TWO ; REAL LIFE

It was a late night for Alia. Things were hectic as ever, but when weren't they? She rubbed sleepily at her eyes, staring blankly at her computer's screen, trying to remember what exactly she was doing. Christmas was right around the corner and she was attempting to find something for Chris and the others. She wasn't sure what to get any of them, and it was frustrating her to the extreme.

Chris wasn't even home, and she wasn't sure if that was good or bad. Especially since it was such an ungodly hour for anyone to even be out and about. Truthfully, it worried her that he still wasn't home, and she didn't even know what to make of it either. It wasn't until she heard the front door unlocking that she jumped from her place, moving her computer out of the way as she quickly got on her feet.

As she was almost to the door, a stumbling Chris entered the foyer. Clearly, he was drunk off his ass, but that didn't stop her questions that came next.

"Where the hell were you?" She questioned, a sigh of frustration passing her lips. "It's three in the damn morning!"

"Right, sorry." Chris rolled his eyes, causing Alia to give him a look of disbelief.

"I thought.. I thought something happened! Did you not feel the need to call? To text? Am I not that important?" She rambled out, finding herself closer to him.

"No. You're not, and you never will be." Drunkenly, he slurred out, and Alia felt her heart drop at his words. Her lips pressed together in a tight, thin line as she stepped back away from him, tears filling her eyes.

"Fine." She breathed out. "If I'm not, I'll just leave. That'll make you so damn happy, won't it?" She questioned, grabbing her laptop from the couch before pushing passed him to hurry up the stairs.

"Of course it will because then, I won't have someone asking where I am every damn minute. Maybe I'll be able to live then." His voice raised, startling Alia as she stopped at the top of the steps, looking down at him as tears left her eyes.

"You know what? Fuck you, Christopher. I should've known that you'd always be an asshole. People never change." She shouted in response, hurrying to what was their room. She grabbing all her belongings, throwing them into a suitcase. She was quick to grab her car keys on the way out of the room, along with her wallet.

Yet again, she shoved passed him, not glancing back once as she did so. Her heart hurt and she didn't like it one bit. He had broke her hurt, and hurt her all over again. She was such a fool, wasn't she? Believing that someone could actually change. It's true what they say about how people don't change, and Alia White had to find that out the hard way. As much as she hated to admit it, she did.

It wasn't supposed to end like this, but that's what Alia hoped anyways. Yet again, you never do get what you want. It was all too good to be true, she should've known. She should've been more careful, and that's all she could think about.

She fell for the prince and he hurt her worse than ever. She wouldn't be the princess of the story.

Not this time.

note: And that concludes Empty Gold! As sad and mean as it was, it was so hard to write

note: And that concludes Empty Gold! As sad and mean as it was, it was so hard to write. Chris is such a sweetheart, and I swear these are things he'd never say.

I WILL be writing a sequel shortly!