Chapter 6: More Questions Arise

Sabrina's vision quickly becomes blurry as the tears roll down her cheeks as she desperately tries to find somewhere to hide and calm down. She finds an empty room. The only problem is that everything is robot-sized. Sabrina doesn't mind as she goes into the back corner, slumping down onto the floor before pulling her knees into her chest and crying into her hands. Back in the main room, Jack walks up to Miko.

"Great job, Miko," Jack says.

"I thought her parents would have told her by now that she's adopted," Miko says.

"If they did, Sabrina wouldn't have gotten so upset," Rafael adds.

"Does it matter if a human child looks like their parents?" Cliffjumper asks.

"To most humans, it doesn't," Jack says. "But there are a few, like the school bully, Vince. They like to contently bring it up to upset whoever it is, so that person's confidence and self-esteem get shattered."

"Cliffjumper, I will assign you as her guardian since you saved Sabrina," Optimus says.

"Yes, Sir," Cliffjumper says.

Acree takes hold of his wrist and drags him away.

"What's wrong with you 'Cee?" Cliffjumper asks.

"You need to get to know Sabrina, and she can help you learn more about Earth," Arcee says.

"Is that part of my job as her guardian?" Cliffjumper asks.

"Yes," Arcee says.

"I don't even know how to help Sabrina with what she is going through right now," Cliffjumper says.

"For now, all Sabrina needs to know is that you're her guardian," Acree says.

"That may be true, but how will we find her?" Cliffjumper asks.

"Let's just follow our audio receptors since she is crying," Arcee replies.

Cliffjumper and Arcee walk down the hallway, listening carefully to hear Sabrina crying. Inside the room where Sabrina is hiding, she realizes that the sound of her crying echoes so loud in the empty room. She doesn't care. Right now, all Sabrina wants to do is cry, as it is the only thing that helps her feel better. A minute later, she hears the door to the room open before she looks up as she uses the back of her hand to dry away some of the tears from her eyes. She soon sees Cliffjumper and Arcee walking in.

"Hey, Cliffjumper, Arcee, what's up?" Sabrina sniffles.

"Optimus assigned me to be your guardian," Cliffjumper says.

"What other things do you have to do besides protecting me from the Decepticons?" Sabrina asks.

"I'll let you know when I think of another reason besides what you mentioned," Cliffjumper says. "Sabrina, I know this isn't a good subject. Have you ever mentioned how you're feeling to your parents before?" Cliffjumper adds.

"No, Cliffjumper, I haven't. Now that Miko and Vince have brought it up, I can't stop thinking about it." Sabrina says.

Sabrina doesn't know why, but suddenly she feels so many different emotions flowing through her body, a bit more anger mixed with a touch more sadness, rejection, and several others she can't place. She slowly stands up, and the only thing she feels like doing is crying again, not wanting Cliffjumper to think she is a crybaby. She does her best to hold back the tears in her eyes.

"Sabrina, are you okay?" Cliffjumper asks.

"Cliffjumper, I'm all right. Why do you ask." Sabrina answers.

Arcee walks over to Sabrina and puts her finger on Sabrina's shoulder.

"I think he's asking because you look like you're about to cry," Arcee says, causing Sabrina to look up at her slowly. "Sabrina, closing yourself off from others when you feel upset won't help anyone," Arcee says.