5

Percy's POV:

Thor and I talked for a while about the Avengers, and what they've done. I have to admit, I was impressed, but that didn't mean they needed to know everything about me, or about my friends.
"Perseus." Thor began again.
"Percy." I said. "Please call me Percy."
"Percy." He started, "Please reconsider. The Avengers and Fury think you are some kind of a terrorist. I told them I would not speak your secrets, but they need to know."
I looked at my shoes, not wanting to meet the thunder god's eyes. I sighed. "Fine." I told him. "I'll tell them, but not everything. Some things aren't my secrets to tell either."
Thor nodded, and stood, motioning for me to follow him.
Wow, the Avengers must really trust me. They put two guards outside of my door and everything!
Thor led me to some kind of meeting room where Director Fury and all the Avengers were waiting.
"That was fast." Tony noted.
"You gonna talk now kid?" Asked Clint, who was messing with an arrow.
"Yeah," I said. "But it's a lot to handle..."
Tony laughed. "Kid, we're the Avengers. We've fought all kinds of bad that you can't even-"
"Do not act like we are better than him." Thor told Tony sharply. "This boy has been through just as much as any of us, if not more. You should treat him with respect."
Tony looked a little stunned. "That kid's been through as much as the Avengers?" He asked the thunder god. "Doubted."
Before Thor could say anything to embarrass me any further, I said, "Guys, maybe you should just hear me out and see what you think."
"Yeah," said Natasha. "As much as I enjoy watching you ladies argue, I'm curious to hear Percy's story."
I nodded my thanks, and began the excruciatingly long story of my life. "Well," I said. "When I was twelve, I had this awesome teacher..."

Natasha's POV:

Percy finished explaining about the Greek and Roman gods, demigods, and monsters, and we all just sat there, stunned. Everyone except Thor and Fury, who was never really surprised by anything.
"Wow..." said Tony slowly. Percy hadn't told us much about that 'Tartarus' place, but I could tell it wasn't a good experience for him and his girlfriend. All the things he's done explained the scars.
And here we were, thinking he was a terrorist, when he'd literally saved the world twice. I have to give it to him, if half the stuff Percy said was true, he was more than just a hero. He was something better.
This was one of the very few times I didn't know what to say. I'm not sure anyone did. We all just sort of sat there, staring at him until he cleared his throats.
"Uh, guys," he said. "No offense, but could you please stop staring?"
I looked away and saw Clint messing with his arrow again while Tony and Bruce looked over Percy's file that was on the table in front of them. Steve smiled kindly at Percy and asked him if he'd like to sit down now. It was the first time I'd realized that Percy had been standing throughout his entire story.
Percy sat between Steve and I and smiled at us. "So," he said. "What's it like being an Avenger?"
"Exhausting." I said. "Oh, and then there's the fighting."
"What's that supposed to mean?" Steve asked.
"Well," she said as though explaining something to a toddler. "I'm the only girl Avenger, and there are four of you, so, it's basically like living with a bunch of-"
"Okay!" Steve said quickly. "I get it now. No need to explain."
Percy and I laughed and he just grinned back at us.
Finally, Fury seemed to have come to some kind of conclusion. "Jackson." He said. "Can you tell me all the powers you have." It wasn't a question.
Percy nodded. "I can control water, and make it hard, so people can walk on it, though that one's hard to do and I can't do it for very long. I can also heal myself with water, talk to horses, and create earthquakes, but once again, that's a little harder for me to do.
"Oh, and I can control more than just water. When I was in...you know... Tartarus, I controlled poison. But that's the only time I've ever controlled anything other than water. I think that's all."
The others were, once again, a little shocked, but Fury looked over Percy for a while. "Percy Jackson." He said, and, if it were possible for him to be any more serious than normal, he was. "Do you want to be an Avenger?"
It was Percy's turn to be shocked. The look on his face was priceless. He looked around at all of us, seeming to realize we were serious, and thought for a moment.
Finally, he looked up, "Sure." He said.