Chapter 9: Legends and Prophecies of the ancient Narnia

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Yes! I found it! Now I can read the book!

I opened Legends and Prophecies of the ancient Narnia: a never ending tale, and looked at the Magic book again.

"Verba Spectaculum," I whispered and waited. Nothing happened. I tried again, but still nothing. On the third try, it worked.

I giggled. I did magic! A thing I always dreamed of when I was younger! I did magic! I can't believe it!

When I'd calmed down enough to read, I looked at the first page in the book.

Legends and Prophecies of the ancient Narnia.

I spent whole afternoon reading. The book was very interesting.

Each chapter had an own story to tell. In every chapter, either a prophecy or a legend was told and explained.

In the first part of a chapter was the legend or prophecy written, and in the second part was it explained.

I read legends about long forgotten Kings and Queens, magical creatures that no one had seen in thousands of years, about wars that been going on for hundreds of years, and much more. I read prophecies that predicted wars and peace, heroes that would save a lot of lives from a terrible fate, and a prophecy about Jadis coming to power.

There were legends about her too. The more I read, the more I understood how silly I'd been. She lied to me. And I believed her. I didn't realise exactly how much she lied to me until I read the legend about how Narnia was born.

Jadis lied about everything! All she wants is power, nothing more. She just used me, tricked me into thinking that she actually cared. I need to get out of here. Soon. I can't stay another day.

I felt angry and sad that she lied to me. I wanted to scream and destroy something, but I knew that I couldn't. I wanted to stop reading, but something inside me told me to continue. I took a deep breath to calm myself down, and started reading again.

The next chapter was about a prophecy I'd heard before. It was the prophecy about us, the Pevensie siblings. Maybe I should skip this one? No, I shouldn't. I read it.

When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone,

sits at Cair Paravel in throne,

the evil time will be over and done.

This Prophecy is one of three that belongs together. The three prophecies is often called 'the Enchanted three' due to the fact that many people have been enchanted by what the prophecies promise will come.

The prophecy tells us that five human children, five siblings, are going to come to Narnia in a time of great despair, which means when the White Witch has ruled over Narnia in one hundred years, as the first prophecy tells us. They are going to fight against the Witch and when they win, the evil will be gone.

What most people don't know is that from the beginning, the prophecy was about four children, not five. There was from the beginning just four thrones at Cair Paravel, but a fifth was placed there after the third prophecy.

But the prophecy still just needs four children to sit on the thrones of Cair Paravel. The fifth child isn't needed to fulfil this prophecy.

That was the end of the chapter.

I didn't know what to do, didn't know what to think. I felt betrayed. This chapter actually told everyone that I wasn't needed, that it didn't matter if I died or not.

I wiped away a tear of anger. I wasn't sad, just angry that everyone kept lying to me over and over again. I wanted to leave the book and just run away from here, but something told me to keep reading.