Chapter Four- Meet Jack

My bag weighed heavy on my shoulder as I made my way down the steps of the lecture hall. I picked a seat right in the middle of a row half way up the room. I wanted to be far enough away if the lecturer was a complete asshole but wanted to be close enough to see everything that was going on and to look like I actually had a vague interest in the subject, unlike the people who would "hide" at the back. The room itself was vast in size, crammed from wall to wall with as many seats and desks they could possibly fit in. As I sat down, relieving my shoulder of the increasing pain from the weight of my bag I relaxed, realising just how worried I was about this first lecture. I wasn't worried about the work as such, I had a true passion for Histor. No, I was more worried about if I would get on with people and if I would make friends. I knew that making friends shouldnt have been my number one priority in an educational institute, but all the same, Alex was the one that had always introuduced me to friends so I wondered if I'd actually be able to make any by myself.

I didn't have long to wait as more people started to filter into the hall. Seats started to be filled with people either already into little groups or by themselves. People seemed to be avoiding sitting next to anyoe which seemed to be a stereotype for any young adult. Soon the enivitable came and people had to start filling all the seats, including the seats surronding me. To save myself the embarrasement of trying to make two new friends I quickly picked up my bag and moved all the way to the end of the row, meaning I was up against the wall and only had one person beside me. A tall boy soon started walking down the aisle abd I could see him getting closer in the corner of my eye. I waited for him to sit down before I turned to introduce myself. I almost screamed in surprise though when I saw that the person next to me was Finn, Alex's friend from Edinburgh University.

"Finn?!?" I said, looking awkwardly at the boy.

He turned to face me, snapping his head round in an instant.

"How do you know him?" he asked back.

"But you are hi.... OHHHHH! Your his twin!" you replied, feeling very stupid at thinking Finn would go to both London and Edinburgh.

"Yeah, the names Jack," he said, offering me his hand.

"Hannah," I replied, taking it and shaking it.

I decided to then quickly explain to him how I knew his brother so I didnt look like a complete idiot.

"So your bestfriends hooking up with my brother?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Ah, that didn't take him long."

I couldn't help but laugh as I replied, "Sounds just like Alex too."

"Mind you I'm surprised.I thought that maybe you were just mixing us up after watching our youtube videos, you know, JacksGap?"

I felt a goofy grin on my face as I suddenly realised why I found both the twins sightly famliar.

"Tumblr," I simply said.

Jack seemed to understand immediatly and just nodded, giving me a "oh yeah, I know what goes on there," look, causing us both to go into fits of laughter. Luckily for us, as everyone in the hall was talking and causing the room to fill with noise our laughing fit went completely unoticed. The lecturer soon came into the room, making the loud voices turn to whispers and forcing me and Jack to silence our laughter into simple smirks on our faces. The lecture went on with either me or Jack making sarcastic or humerous comments about the material or the lecturer, who was a middle aged plump man with a receding grey hairline and who didn't seem too bad.

The lecture ended and somehow me and Jack had both managed to fill nearly three pages with notes. As we left the hall and went out into the bright sunlight we were soon seperared, unable to keep together in the huge crowd of people. I sighed and held onto my bag, desperatly trying to fight my way through. When I was a safe distanmce from the crowd I looked around for Jack, hoping to find him. Sure enough I spotted him, standing on a wall and searching the crowd. His eyes locked with mine and he waved before leapng into the sea of people. He reappeared twomintues later, slightly out of breath from his fight through the crowd.

"So how about you come back to mine and we can work on this assignment together as you seem like the only person here who not only gets my sense of humour but also has an amazing sense of humour herself," he asked, leaning against a nearby tree.

"Go back to your place and enjoy intellectual and humerous conversation or go back to my room, go on tumblr and try to avoid any pictures of you or your twin that may pop up? I think I'll go with the first option," I replied.

You both walked out of the uni complex and down the London streets, chatting about random things, from what flavour ice cream was the best to who was better: Barack Obama or Boris Johnson. As you walked past your own miserable, dull block you pointed it out to Jack and explained how you would probably end up losing atleast two stone each term just from rushing up and down the flights of stairs.

"Don't you have a lift?" he asked, holding his stomach from laughing so much.

"Jack it's a block filled with uni students. Do you really believe that it actually works?"

This only caused Jack to laugh even more as he lead me down a familiar route. It still didn't click till we were stood outside his house. The Harries house. As he let us both in he called out to his parents, only to get no reply. He then walked into the living room, pulling out his books and notes. I followed suit and you spent the next few hours working on your assignments and getting to know eachother. Before you knew it, it was nearly five o'clock.

"I really should be going," I said, checking your watch and collecting up my stuff and my now complete assignment.

"Christ is that the time?" Jack exclaimed, leaping up from the sofa. "I'm supposed to pick Emy up from her after school club at five and then take her out for tea!"

We both went to the door and stepped out into the cold September air.

"Really sorry to cut this short, hopefully I can see you again tomorrow?" he asked, taking his keys from his pocket and unlocking his car.

"Sure, I'd love that," I responded as he swung open the dorr and hopped in.

"Would you like a ride?" he asked as he started the ignition.

"I'm fine thanks I live just round the corner remember?" I replied.

"Yeah of course," he said, reaching to shut the door. "Get home safe ok?"

He then slammed the door and drove off, leaving you on the side of the road. Seconds later, Rebbeca pulled up and got out of her car.

"Perfect, you're right on time," she said, going up the few steps to the house and letting us both in, ready for me to start my maid job in the house that I had left mere seconds before.

----------------------------------------------------------

Authors Notes

I apologise for me taking so long to update with this chapter. I hope it hasn't annoyed you having to wait so long but I hope this chapter makes up for the length of time you've all waited. I promise once this gets to 2100 reads I'll update with the next chapter.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment what you thought of this chapter, I really appreciate all the comments and you could Fan me too.

Thanks for reading :)

Hannah x