Chapter 5: New Beginning

New Year came so quick and easily. It was like in a blink of an eye. Kelisse has been hopeful every start of the year thinking what awaits her throughout 365 days wishing it wouldn't be the same as the previous years but only left her being dejected. However, in spite of what those years had brought her, it's as if something was pushing her to leap and so she trusts that instinct.

She spent the holiday vacation gathering the requirements for her enrolment in a pastry art school. She had already inquired and had decided where she'd like to take up the course. She was lucky to be informed that there were still slots available, especially the afternoon session which she prefers than morning, knowing it's on a first come, first serve basis. On the first midweek, the school phoned her telling her the good news that she's been admitted to the academy. The course would go on for 24 weeks or 6 months to be completed. She couldn't recall if she had the same feeling she's having at that moment from those years wayback in college but she didn't care. One thing for sure is that she's very excited. She'll be again attending classes from Monday to Friday and it will last for 6 hours per day.

......

She made sure that she wouldn't be late on the first day. Of course it should be until the whole term has ended. She entered the modern edifice more than half an hour before their class starts. She spotted two girls sitting in separate benches near her designated room which appear to be a lecture room. She couldn't tell if the two will be her classmates because they might also be in the other class that's next to her room or in another one. She sat on the unoccupied bench that was near the stairs. Nobody was speaking to each other until another girl arrived. That rather niminy-piminy jeune fille approached her.

"Hi! Are you waiting for that class too?" she asked pointing to the room.

Kelisse nodded awkwardly.

The girl smiled widely. "Wow! That means we're classmates."

"Ugh, I guess so?" she simpered.

"Uhm, can I sit here beside you?"

"Oh! Of course. You don't have to ask for my permission." she smiled as she moved a little giving her more space.

She's still smiling as she sat down, "My name is Sabina, how about you?"

She held her hand out to shake with her. "Hi Sabina, I'm Kelisse."

"Pleased to meet you." her smile was not leaving her face.

"Likewise." she beamed.

"I bet we could be good friends."

Kelisse was happy to hear it. "You think so? Then that would be great."

"Because we're friends now, expect me tailing you around while we're here in school." she jested.

"That's fine with me. You looked harmless anyway." she laughed.

"You'll see." she then sniggered.

"By the way, how old are you?" Sabina asked again.

"24."

"Oh? We're the same but..." she eyed her closely, "... you look younger."

She chuckled. "Come on! I was actually thinking you are younger than me."

She then crossed her arms over her chest. "So, I therefore conclude we're both cute." she chuckled then whispered, "I was actually thinking there would be a lot of older fellows or might be the opposite. I'm glad the first one I got to know is you who's at my age too."