Day Two: An Even Sweeter Offer

This is technically my first scisaac fanfic.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott opened the bakery knowing well enough Stiles wasn't going to be there before him. It was a bit chilly within the place and Scott debated on whether or not he should leave his sweater on. He huffed and slipped off his sweater without thinking about it anymore. He hated when the bakery was empty especially when it was still dark out it always gave him an off vibe. Scott moved through the bakery making his way to the back where he could start baking some pastries.

Scott hummed to himself trying to fill in the silence while he started to prepare strawberry puff pastries. The shop wouldn't open up for another hour so he knew that he had some time before his morning regulars came in. Scott loved the morning mostly everyone was so calm and polite. He wished people were like that every hour of the day in all honesty.

Scott decided that today was the day he would ask Isaac out. What did he have to lose? His dignity..maybe but it was worth it. Wasn't it?

Once he baked enough treats for the morning rush and lit up the bakery, he was ready for work. All he had to do now was keep the treats under their heaters and wait for someone to come in. Scott sighed hoping that today would be a good day.

~*~

Scott was practically running a marathon in the shop, taking orders, getting shipments, and making sure every customer was happy. He was surprised he wasn't sweating through his shirt. He handed a women her scones and coffee and accepted the small tip she left for him on the counter with a thank you.

The door swung open once again and Scott looked prepared to take an order when he saw isaac standing there with a small smirk. Scott swallowed the lump in his throat and gave Isaac a small smile. He could hear his heart thudding in is ears and he felt his palms grow sweaty. Scott hoped he didn't look as nervous as he felt.

"Hey, Isaac right?" Scott built up the courage to speak.

"Yeah, so unsurprisingly you guys make amazing donuts." Isaac chuckled and leaned against the counter.

"Is Erica ever wrong?" Scott teased and Isaac bit his lip.

"Actually no." Isaac shrugged and Scott hoped their conversation would keep going.

That is until Scott looked behind Isaac to see about three people impatiently waiting to place their order. Isaac looked back and gave the people a sheepish grin before turning back to Scott.

"I'll take a blueberry muffin and coffee." Isaac pulled out his wallet, "black."

"Alrighty." Scott punched in his order on cash register and Isaac handed him his money.

Isaac walked off and found a spot in the corner of the shop where he had a perfect view of everyone. He brought out a laptop from his bag and powered it on while stealing glances at Scott who was taking orders. Isaac smiled to himself and looked back down trying his hardest to not be obvious. Scott took care of the three customers before going to Isaac with his order.

"Here you go." Scott placed the muffin gently by the laptop and handed the mug of hot coffee to Isaac, "enjoy."

Isaac smiled at him, "thanks."

Scott was about to walk away when he paused, "actually i was-" but Isaac also had something to say, "I was wondering-"

They both let out an awkward chuckle and Scott let him go first, "go ahead."

"Are you sure?" Isaac couldn't stop smiling.

"Yeah i can go after." Scott felt his stomach erupt with butterflies.

Isaac straightened up and kept his smile in place, "I was wondering-if this isn't too forward-well if you would go on a date with me?"

Scott let out a surprised chuckle his hands fiddling his apron, "I was actually going to ask you the same thing."

Isaac's eyebrows shot up as he picked at his muffin, "really?"

"Yeah." Scott felt his cheeks warm up.

"Two great minds think alike." Isaac hummed.

Scott felt his cheeks grow even warmer under Isaac's gaze, "well it's a yes."

Isaac's eyes lit up and his smile grew wider, "perfect."

Scott nodded and was about to go on when a couple more people walked in. He sighed and gave Isaac an apologetic look before going back behind the counter. Isaac watched as he smiled at the customers and made small talk with some of them. Isaac smiled looking down at his steaming cup of coffee, he took a drink and let out a satisfied sigh.

The bakery door chimed as another person walked in. Scott looked towards the door to see Stiles without his usual smile on his face. He automatically knew something was wrong with his best friend. Stiles walked behind the counter and went directly to the back. Scott turned over ready to ask what was wrong.

Scott took one last order and then went to the back, "What's wrong?"

Stiles sighed and looked over at Scott his eyebrows knit together,"Derek found out today."

"And he was mad?" Scott questioned leaning against one of the counters.

"No, he found it funny." Stiles shook his head, "I-I just really wished it lasted longer."

"Really?" Scott raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, watching Derek speak so passionately about his subject." Stiles shook his head, "it was nice plus messing with his students was pretty fun."

Scott let out a chuckle, "all good things come to end at some point."

"Not all good things." Stiles scoffed, "Derek and I are still going strong."

"Huh...guess you're right." Scott shrugged.

Stiles nodded and shrugged off his sweater and slipped on an apron. Scott kicked off the counter and made his way towards the front.

"Hey, Scott!" Stiles stopped him before he opened the door.

"Yes?" Scott turned around.

"I got the customers go get Isaac." Stiles winked and Scott glared at his best friend.

"Shut up." Scott shook his head walking out.

Scott looked over to where he last saw Isaac only to see he was gone. Scott sighed knowing he blew his chance with Isaac. He walked up to the table ready to clean it up when writing on a napkin under Isaac's mug caught his eyes. Scott pulled it and felt his heart skip a beat in his chest.

Call me tomorrow at nine I'll pick you up for our date.
~xxxx Isaac

Isaac had scribbled his number under the message and Scott felt his face burn. He bit back a smile and stuffed the napkin in his pocket. He looked up to see Stiles smiling at him knowingly. Scott chuckled and shook his head feeling giddy. He couldn't actually believe he was going on a date with Isaac.