"Fine, but what about pants?" Drew worried again, Jake raised a finger, went back to his closet and brought out a pants with the same disgusting shade of pink that completed the lower body of the cat. Drew just looked defeated when she saw them, she just hopes Jake isn't trying to pull her chain with these or she will kill him later.

They left Jake inside his room as he ironed both outfits. Drew and Alex sat at the living room, staring at each other awkwardly. Or rather Alex was feeling awkward, Drew just didn't care at the moment because she's worrying with what she will tell Aubrey. How she'll beg, in particular.

Alex cleared her throat, Drew snapped out of it and stared at Alex. "I remember another Griffin, oh yeah, Alexander Griffin. You his kid or something?" Drew asked because it's the first thing that came to mind that isn't cursing at Alex. Alex looked down sadly and nodded.

Drew's eyes widened in disbelief, "oh wow" she breathed. She remembered the whispered rumors about Alexander's disappearance. She knew though that he had been tortured for hours before getting killed, a bullet to the head. His murder had been kept in a tight lid, she only knew because Bill was close to Alexander.

Another thought came to her, she remembered what she read inside David Morgan's file, where he worked and his position in that company.

"Jesus Christ!" Drew muttered in disbelief, "you-, shit!" Drew shook her head.

"You know?" Alex asked in shock, Drew just nodded, "yeah, yeah. I know some facts. It's not hard to put them together" Drew stopped then and Alex watched as a new expression, one she'd not seen before in Drew appeared in her face.

Drew stared at Alex intensely, "a lot of people would swear to do everything for their love. Some would say they would die for them, another would even be willing to kill. Not a lot though, is brave enough to make the ultimate sacrifice, to choose the path of the evil and be a hated enemy by the very person they love, in order to protect that loved one. I have a new understanding of you now, child of Alexander Griffin."

Drew stood and walked over to Alex, "I can only admit this once. I wholeheartedly admire you for being brave enough, to choose to suffer with the knowledge that the person you love the most, loathes you with every fiber of her being" Drew had a slight compassionate smile then, "even I admit that I would not be strong enough for that. I do not think I can go through years knowing that Aubrey hates me, the way Abby hates you now" Alex bowed her head and smiled tearfully because she does not feel she should be admired for that.

"Yeah well, they both hate me now, so" Alex shrugged, Drew nodded, "I'll make you a new promise. I do not think I can force them to forgive you, not that there is anything to forgive, but it is also not my place to tell them. That is your burden to carry. My promise however is that if you wish to be present in their lives, I will defend you to them and to anyone else no matter the consequences to my own relationship with them" to say Alex was shocked would've been understatement of the year.

"But, why? After all the fights that happened between you all, because of me, I don't think-" Drew cut Alex off, "those fights had nothing to do with you. I realize now that we three simply needed a scape goat, you were just conveniently there. All the issues that came up had existed even before you came to the picture, however, it only resurfaced when you showed up. None of it was your doing" Alex remained silent and continued to just stare at Drew in utter disbelief.

"I also admit that I am selfish and wish you to remain by their lives, if at all possible. They deserve a friend who would go to the deep end to protect them. A friend like you rarely exists, they are very lucky to have you, and I am glad that you have been a part of their lives and hopes that you continue to do so. Perhaps if you are lucky, someday Abby will return your romantic feelings" after Drew said these words she left Alex in the living room not waiting for a response and walked back inside Jake's room.