teaser ↪︎ boys [don't] like boys

WHEN ASHTON first met Bellamy, he thought the other boy was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen in his short fifteen years of life

WHEN ASHTON first met Bellamy, he thought the other boy was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen in his short fifteen years of life. And this thought scared the younger boy. Boys weren't meant to have these kinds of thoughts about other boys; Ashton Thawne knew that too well.

Nonetheless, Ashton spent all his free time following the taller boy around; glancing at him longingly. At times, Ashton would stare at Bellamy for too long, causing the older boy to meet his gaze. This simple act caused his knees to shake and lit his cheeks aflame. But like all good things, at some point this has got to come to an end. The way it ended, however, was not exactly how Ashton predicted it to.

"Freeze!"

As the guard surrounded Ashton Thawne, he glanced back at the brunet boy behind him. Ashton could see the confusion on his face while their former classmates enclosed the younger boy.

In a moment of pure weakness before the guard took him away, Ashton Thawne lunged forward and placed his lips upon Bellamy Blake's. Time seemed to slip away as he used the moment to tell the other boy how he felt. This wasn't a good kiss - it was short and bruising, a hurried slam of their faces together. It didn't necessarily feel good either. And despite all of this, Ashton felt elated. Butterflies infiltrated his stomach as he lifted a hand to his still tingling lips. How sad was it that he only had the courage to tell the boy he liked about his infatuation when it was too late?

Seconds later their time was up. A hard grip seized each of his arms, and he was dragged away. He kicked and flailed and pleaded for another minute. One more minute of freedom before he was imprisoned for life. One more minute to spend with the boy on the other end of the hall. One more minute to feel something before he wasted away.

Ashton glanced up, locked eyes with Bellamy and then wished that he hadn't. Everything that Ashton had once feared was now appearing to be true, over and over again. The fight within him left, and he surrendered to the fingertips digging into his arms. Feeling numb, he accepted his fate without any complaints. He should never have thought Bellamy would like him back.

Boys weren't meant to have these kinds of thoughts about other boys; Ashton Thawne knew that too well.

Hey guys I'm back! This is really short, I'm sorry

Hey guys I'm back! This is really short, I'm sorry. But on the bright side, the renewed chapter one should be back up in a couple of days. I know that this is vv different than the original, but I'm happier with it than it was before.

Xx