Chapter 7

***Chapter 7 is here!!!! WOO!!!! so just a reminder for all you lovely fans: Go read the Sinarta Theif by Anne98 and Running Into the Past by Anastasia29! Love you guys!!!!!!!!!***

Chapter 7

Honestly, I couldn't believe that in a few days I had been discovered, kidnapped, and revealed. Now I was sitting in the car on the way to the Lockwood mansion with Damon Salvatore.

"So Mayor Lockwood was killed?" I asked.

"Yeah. A few nights ago, the founder's council had this plan to get rid of any vampires in the town. Fortunately, the tomb vampires had decided to attack them that night so nobody was hurt by them. Unfortunately, Mayor Lockwood dropped with the rest of the vampires and was taken into the burning building and was killed." Damon answered, being serious for once.

"Dropped?"

"Yeah. John Gilbert had this device that caused incredible pain for a vampire because of the sound coming out of it. Any vampire within the radius was affected. For some reason the mayor was also affected."

"Did they catch every vampire?" I asked, eyeing Damon.

"Obviously, they didn't," Damon said, smirking at me, like usual, “I did go down, though, and was sent into the building. Stefan came in and saved me."

"Ok," I said.

Soon, we came into view of the mansion. I couldn't help but be amazed by the beauty of it. At the door, was a teenage boy about 17. He was very tan with black hair and eyes so dark that they looked black. He was greeting people as they came in.

"Know who that is?" Damon asked me.

I looked at the boy a little while longer, trying to remember who he was, “Tyler Lockwood?" I guessed.

"Very good. You did your homework." Damon said in mock pride.

I rolled my eyes. As we got up to the door, Tyler stopped to great us. Well, mainly me.

"Hello," he said with a small smile on his face, indicating he liked what he saw.

I chose to ignore it, smiled back, and shook his hand, “Hello, I'm Violet."

"It's very nice to meet you. I'm Tyler. Why don't you come in," Tyler said, waving his hand at the door.

"Thank you," I said walking in.

"Somebody likes you," Damon sang.

I rolled my eyes.

"Damon! Thank God you're here!" a woman with short blond hair and a police uniform, exclaimed. Close behind her was a woman who had brown hair, wearing an elegant, but formal, dress. I guessed they were Elizabeth Forbes and Carol Lockwood.

"We need to talk to you," Liz said to Damon, while eyeing me.

"Of, course," Damon said. He saw the women giving me curious looks and quickly introduced me, “This is my cousin, Violet. Sweetheart, why don't you go and talk to some people," He gave me a look that clearly said: Do it or you're dead.

"Ok," I said cheerfully and walked away from them. The headed to the room I was in but stayed in the doorway. With my awesome vampire hearing I could easily hear them and I could see them out of the corner of my eye.

"I want to know exactly who's responsible for killing my husband," Carol snapped.

"I'm looking into it but you have to be straight with me," Liz replied, “is there any reason Richard was affected by the vampire device?"