Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I decided to sleep in because of what happened at the mall. I might as well let everybody get into their routine before I start spying. That way they won't be as likely to notice me. I just need to remember to be very, very careful.

After about 30 more minutes of sleep I heard a knock on my door. I looked at the clock to find it was 9:30. I groaned. Why can't I sleep in more?

"One minute!" I called.

I got up and quickly changed out of my pajamas and into jeans and a T-shirt. I walked over to the door and look through the peep hole. Nobody was there. I frowned and opened to door to see if maybe there was just something left for me. I stepped out into the hallway to look around.

That was my mistake.

Before I knew it, a pair of strong arms grabbed and I felt something pierce my skin. I cried out in surprise before everything started to fade.

No,! I thought. Vervain!

I attempted to fight the dizziness. Even though I drank a little vervain everyday it could still knock me out if you had enough. I was never good at fighting it and I didn't take enough when I did drink it.

I was on the floor about to win my internal battle against the vervain when I heard my attacker speak.

"Looks like we've got a fighter here," said a male voice.

"She shouldn't be able to do that," said a different voice; also a male.

"Well," said the first voice, "I guess we're just going to have to put more in."

I felt more pain in my side and just got a glimpse of man with dark hair and pale blue-grey eyes before everything went black.

**************************************************************************************************************************

I started to regain consciousness in a car. It seemed I was thrown in the back seat from the state of my position. I tried to open my eyes but the effort nearly threw me into unconsciousness again. I had just decided to stop fighting my eyelids when I realized people were talking.

"...we don't have to do this." I immediately recognized the voice as one of my attackers; the one who talked second.

"Yes, Stefan, we do," said another voice.

Stefan!, I thought.

"Why, Damon?" said the one named Stefan.

Damon? That couldn't be a good sign.

"Because," Damon said impatiently, "she's a vampire and we don't know the trouble she could cause. And we already have to deal with Katherine."

Katherine! Please tell me these are two different boys named Stefan and Damon that have to deal with a different Katherine. Not Stefan and Damon Salvatore.

"Well what are we going to do with her?" Stefan asked.

"Just keep her downstairs in the Salvatore boarding house."

I hate my life.

Stefan sighed like he knew there was no point arguing anymore and nothing else said. Soon I could feel the car stop and Stefan and Damon get out. The door near my feet opened and I could feel strong arms pick me up "princess-style." I still didn't have the strength to move so all I could do was lie limply in the arms of whoever was carrying me.

Damon or Stefan, whoever was carrying me, went inside and then, by what I could tell, went down a flight of steps. Soon I heard a door, that sounded like it was heavy, open and I was then put down on a bed.