xv

[Last Name] sighed as she walked to school, subconsciously rubbing at her arm. She felt tired and exhausted, and wanted nothing more to fall asleep and never wake up.

"[Nickname]-chan, wait up!"

She turned, seeing [Best Friend's Name] running toward her. When he/she caught up he/she panted, wiping the sweat that had already formed.

"You've been spacing out; I've been calling your name for a while."

"Sorry," was her reply, feeling guilty.

[Best Friend's Name] frowned, and they continued walking. "Are you okay?"

[Last Name] nodded. "I'm fine."

He/She looked at the hand that was rubbing your arm. "Are you sure--"

"I said I'm fine." She repeated firmly, tensing up.

He/She flinched. "Okay."

[Last Name] felt bad instantly, and tried to saying something. "L-Look, I'm sorry--"

"You always say that," he/she muttered, "You get mad at me when I try to help, then apologize. It's and endless cycle."

She looked down at her feet, tears forming in her [Eye Color] eyes.

"Maybe I should just leave you alone for a while, since you apparently don't need me."

[Last Name] whipped her head up as [Best Friend's Name] increased his/her speed.

"W-Wait...!"

He/She looked back at her with an unsympathetic look, waving his/her hand to dismiss her.

She froze, and stared. The tears fell from her eyes, traveling down her cheeks. "Don't go..." she whispered, putting her arm out in a weak attempt to stop him/her, but he/she was too far away.

...

[Last Name] didn't know how long she stood there for. She felt alone and lost.

A hand on her shoulder startled her, and she let out a squeal.

"Idiot," a voice all too familiar to her spoke, "what are you doing just standing here? You'll be late."

She turned her head to look at Hanamiya, and his eyes widened at her puffy and red eyes.

"[Last Name]... Are you all right?"

He sounded uncertain, as if he knew his question could blow a fuse, and make her even more upset. It did irritate her a bit, only asking if she was okay makes it worst, but the soft tone in his voice surprised her.

"I, um... I just..." She fumbled over her words, nervous to even talk about her current problems.

Hanamiya sighed. "Don't push yourself if you don't want to tell me. I understand. If you wanna talk, I'll... be here for you."

Again, she noticed the uncertainty in his voice, but she still smiled anyways.

...

This is the longest part I've written in this book.

-Caity