Chapter 8

We pull out of the parking lot and Tom tells me the direction of the restaurant. I turn to catch a glimpse of Tom staring at me. He's aware i'm watching him watch me, if that makes any sense. He doesn't seem to mind. I look back onto the road and smile.

"You know, Tom. Some people look away after being caught staring." I keep on driving, not looking to his direction.

"Well yeah but I, on the other hand, have nothing to be embarrassed about."

"Oh yeah," I turn my head and catch him smiling. He turns to look at the road and I do the same.

"So you guys decided it'd be a great idea to hang out with me more?"

"Yeah, we thought i'd be fun."

"Not to be rude or anything but people don't just do that. Get a stranger and think it would be a good idea to invite them to lunch. For all you know I could be a serial killer!" We both brake into a fit of laughter. I continue driving. Looking nowhere else but the road.

"Are you?" I ask. Eyebrow raised with a grin.

"Pardon me?"

"Are you a serial killer?"

I look at him. His body is turned to me. His hair is in it's natural curly state. He chuckles while looking at the ground, then he looks up to me again.

"No. I am not."

"Well there it is! The stranger in my car is not gonna kill me!" I look back to the road with a smile plastered onto my face.

"Turn right here." Tom directs. I quickly do as he says. "So what is the real reason why you guys want to get to know me?"

I keep my eyes on the road. "Sorry for answering your question, with a question, but why do you think there has to be a reason?"

"I have my reasons for questioning your actions." I turn to look at him but he is no longer facing me. He is now looking at the road. Averting his gaze from mine. He looks a bit tense and uncomfortable.

"Well I just thought a guy like you deserved a break. To meet new people. To hang out with 2 normal girls... and an Eric."

He lets out a small chuckle and turns to face me again. His eyes staring straight into mine. "Left."

What

"Brooke, left! Here!"

Oh!

I make a very sharp turn which causes Tom to whip back into his seat.

"Sorry."

"It's alright, dear." He says in between laughter. "The restaurant should be to the right at the end of this road."

I nod.

"Well, now that we are getting to know each other. What is your favorite type of food?"

"My favorite type of food...." I turn into a cabin looking type of place surrounded by bushes. It's pretty big and has small lights decorating the outside of it. I park the car and Lucy does the same a few spots down.

"Anything edible." I say in complete seriousness while shutting off the car and unbuckling my seat belt. Tom laughs his famous ehehehehe and does the same.

"Well hope you're in the mood for Italian."

*******

The exterior looks very different from the inside. Once you step in, it feels like you're in a whole different building. The walls are mostly windows. Small glass chandeliers hang from the brown ceiling. Square tables are scattered around the place. We take a seat at a table close to a large window. Lucy takes her seat next to Eric leaving me to sit next to Tom. A waiter quickly hands us menus and asks what we'd like to drink. Me and Lucy order a lemonade. Tom and Eric order a coke. Eric quickly makes conversation.