"Goodnight Dad"

-City Update-

-7:20 I am building the city and I am really starting to ease my way out of the guilty feeling. I feel like I'm gonna be finished with it by tonight.

-7:30 I'm almost finished. I just need to add a few more blocks.

-7:45 Finished, Sleepy, and not feeling guilty

-Goodnights, not Goodbyes-

I got into bed and tucked myself in. The bed needed some getting used to. Mainly cause it was the same since I was 7. As I tried to fall asleep the door opened, and I quickly shut my eyes, turned the other way, and breathed through my mouth trying to act like I was sleeping.

'AKYUH' his beer breathe was splattered around me as he sneezed. I saw a light from behind me glimmering onto my wall.

What was the light? I wondered and wondered.

I finally got it. THE CITY! How could I be such an idiot?!

I totally forgot to put the Lego city under my bed!

And now he knows I was working on it.

Now he knows I have a soft side for him.

But he still doesn't know I'm awake.

The lights turned off. I closed my eyes shut hoping he doesn't look over me. I soon heard footsteps walk towards me. "Bye Princess, I love you." He said as he slowly rubbed the back of his fingers on my cheek. I tuned around as my cheek touched the pillow tear first, and grabbed a hold of his hand. "Dad," He turned around and looked at me."Goodnights, Not Goodbyes, Because goodbyes are forever. Goodnights are temporary. It means I'll see you in the morning, while goodbye means I'm leaving. And I don't want that to happen anymore." I cried a little more.

"Goodnight Dad."