Chapter 44

Harry's been out of the hospital for a little over a week and seems to be feeling much better. The first few days of him back at home were a little rough, but I made sure to help him through it as much as I could.

Last night, we were finally able to go on our little date that he promised me. I picked a restaurant that Jess and I used to go to all the time, Linguini's, and it was a lot of fun. Plus I found out that Linguini's is much closer to Harry's apartment than it is to mine, so we were able to walk, which was nice.

Harry had tried to take me out earlier in the week, but he was still complaining of mild headaches and slight dizziness, so I told him no.

The doctor had given him strict rules about taking it easy until he was completely symptom free.

When Harry woke up this morning, he claimed that he was, which is why we're now standing in his bathroom, getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner.

The Thanksgiving dinner that I still haven't given Harry all of the details about. I really need to do that before we go because the last thing I need is for him to make a scene.

"I don't know why you insist on doing that." He mumbles with a mouth full of toothpaste as I run the straightener through my hair.

I've been spending most nights at Harry's to keep an eye on him, so a lot of my stuff has made its way over here.

"It looks very nice when it's curly." He compliments.

"Thanks." I say shyly. "But sometimes it's annoying, and I could use something a little different." I add with a shrug.

"Me too." He states, spitting the toothpaste into the sink. "Which is why I've decided that I'm gonna wear my hair up tonight."

He teasingly pulls his hair back into a ponytail, and I laugh at him. It doesn't look too bad, but I prefer it down.

"Hey, Harry." My smile fades, as my voice turns serious. He lets his hair fall and moves on to fully button his shirt. "There's something I need to tell you."

He lifts his head to make eye contact with me through the mirror.

"I wasn't totally honest with you earlier when I told you about Jessica inviting us to dinner."

"What do you mean?" He frowns.

"Well, it's not really...Jessica's dinner." I hesitate. "It's Ryan's...which means that his family is going to be there...which means that Logan will be there."

Once I'm finished, I set the straightener down on the counter and turn slowly to face Harry. I notice his fists clench at his sides before relaxing as he lets out a heavy sigh.

"So, what's the issue?" He asks, catching me off guard. "You told me that I don't have any reason to worry about Logan, and I trust you."

My eyes widen in surprise. I know that I told Harry that he doesn't need to worry, but I'm very surprised that he's actually okay with that.

"Besides, it's not like it's just gonna be us and him, right?" He asks. "I'm assuming there'll be other people there."

"Oh yeah." I nod urgently. "Yeah, Ryan's family, Jess' family. Jess said it's gonna be a pretty full house."

"Then I have nothing to worry about." He repeats, stepping forward and kissing my forehead. "Now, finish getting ready, and I'll meet you in the living room."

I smile contently as he steps away, walking out of the bathroom.

I quickly gather my toiletries from the counter and carry them back into Harry's room to put them in my bag. Harry told me multiple times that it was okay for me to leave stuff laying around, but I didn't want to unpack completely. This is his place, after all.