Chapter 2: The New Guy

“Well Harry Styles, I’m Louis, that’s Niall, and the cashier is—”

“Zayn,” Harry smiled, “I know.”

“Oh... Well, it was nice meeting you, Zayn here was just dying to know your name.”

Zayn had to remind himself to beat the shit out of Louis later.

Harry’s smile only widened, “Is that so?”

Zayn rubbed the back of his head, not really knowing what to say, “Well... uhh...”

Harry just shook his head, still smiling, and walked to his usual spot in the back of the shop, sipping his coffee and staring at Zayn.

Zayn glared at Louis, “What the hell was that about?”

“What do you mean, dearie?”

“Oh don’t pull that bullshit, ‘Zayn was just dying to know your name’, don’t encourage the stalker,”

Louis scoffed, “Dear god, Zaynie, he isn’t a stalker, he genuinely seems like a great guy, give him a chance... fuck, now I’m talking like Niall.”

Zayn only rolled his eyes, he was technically judging a book by it’s cover, but who wouldn’t in this certain case? Harry literally stared at him every single day, and who wouldn’t get a little disturbed from that? It’s only natural that someone would.

Zayn sighed, “I just want to know why he buys two fucking cups of coffee, and why he never drinks the other one,”

“Go ask him then, idiot.”

“Fuck no, how many times do I have to tell you? He’s a fucking stalker.”

The bell rang again and in walked in a young man wearing a plaid shirt and skinny jeans, Zayn couldn’t help but notice Louis actually do a double take on the young man. The man gave a quick look around then walked up to Zayn.

Zayn smiled, “Hey, what can I get ya?”

The man rubbed the back of his head, quite sheepishly, “Actually, I got a job here... I was supposed to start today.”

Zayn’s eyes widened, “Shit, I completely forgot, sorry mate, well... the aprons are in the back, and--”

The man laughed, “It’s alright...” he looked at Zayn’s name tag, “Zayn, I got the tour when I came in for the interview, I’m Liam,”

Zayn grinned and shook Liam’s hand, “Zayn,” his smile dropped, “Shit, you already knew that.”

Niall walked out from the back with a bit of frosting on his cheek, he grinned, “Hey, this the new guy?”

Liam smiled, “Yeah, Liam, and you are?”

“Niall, I don’t usually wear my name tag, I lose it all the time.”

Niall handed him an apron, Liam made a sort of disgusted face, “Why on earth would a green this ugly exist?”

Zayn looked over to Louis, expecting him to jump up and shout, ‘Finally someone agrees with me’, but he was kind of surprised, to say the least, to find Louis staring at Liam, practically drooling over him. Zayn smirked at him, a smirk that said, ‘So getting you for this’, but Louis didn’t even pay attention to him, his eyes stayed on Liam.

Zayn could only guess that Liam must’ve felt eyes on him, he watched as Liam turned around toward Louis and gently smile at him.

They seriously just stayed staring at each other, it was actually kind of funny, at least Zayn seemed to think so, Niall looked like he was about to explode from happiness. A minute passed by, and Zayn coughed awkwardly, earning both of their attention.