1

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyoijin)

This anime takes place in the year 845 (I think) and humanity has been driven to the brink of extinction by the creatures called titans. In an effort to save humanity, the military built four walls in a circular fashion, one wall inside of the other just in case if one was breached. (walls are named in order: Maria, Rose, Shina.)

The military has issued military groups that serve different purposes like serving the king, reinforcing & repairing the walls, and the least successful: the scouting regiment, which tries to go out of the walls and find out more about the titans. All military personnel wears 3D maneuvering gear. It allows them to "fly" through the air using cables that attach to nearby obstacles. Cables are shot out using air pressure.

It is very hard for someone to kill a Titan because they are very tall and the only way to kill one is to slice the back of its neck open. (the walls are over 50 meters tall for a reason. the tallest Titan is over that highth.) Titans look like normal humans, only they have no reproductive organs. The titans feed on humans.

Eren jeager, a boy who wants to join the scouting legion in the military, had a hard childhood with a girl named Mikasa. Armin is their good friend, who also had a hard childhood. They live safely in the walls of Maria, but they feel like cattle that eat and sleep doing nothing their whole lives.

After eren's mom is killed by a Titan, he truly decides that he wants to join the scouting regiment so he can "kill all the titans," help humanity, and put his life to a good use. Mikasa doesn't want to lose Eren so she decides to go with him. Armin, who is sensitive and somewhat weak, doesn't want to be a burden. he wants to be stronger, so he goes into the military as well.

This anime is sad, violent, and gory, but somehow, the producers managed to throw in some funny bits as well. The anime makes you want to go in strong with your friends.

WATCH OR READ THE ANIME TO FIND OUT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!