Tris

To incorporate the part of us that still is and always will be Dauntless, I take Tobias to the old Hancock building a few weeks after our wedding to go ziplining.

We ride the trains there with Christina, Shauna, and Zeke, while Amar and Caleb go ahead to wait to help catch the first few of us.

It feels amazing to jump on and then lean out, feeling the rush of wind in my hair. When we get off I stick the landing, which makes me really excited because I haven't tried since I was injured. Tobias laughs and leans in to kiss me.

The five of us take the elevator to the hundredth floor. The black slings for the zipline are still there. Zeke hooks the first one up and Christina gets in. We hear her shrieks of laughter the second Zeke lets her go. Shauna goes next, and then just as I'm about to lay in the sling, Tobias grabs my arm.

"Let me go first," he says. "I want to be there to catch you." I laugh and he gives me what I think he means to be a quick peck, but it quickly turns into a long, deep kiss. Even after having known him for 2 years and dated him for almost all of that time, and now having been married to him for a month, I will never get used to his kisses or the rush they send through me. Zeke starts coughing after a minute, reminding us that we're not alone.

Tobias reluctantly pulls away and climbs in the sling. Zeke straps him in and before Zeke has even completely let go, Tobias screams so loud that I cover my ears. Once we see Christina signaling us from the bottom that I can start, I wriggle into the swing face-first and Zeke lets me fly.

I forgot how alive I felt the last time I did this. The adrenaline is pounding through me, and all i can see is a gray blur. I feel the wind in my hair and against my cheeks, stinging my eyes and nose. I put my arms out like the first time I did it, and for a moment I swear I am a bird.

When I finally stop I scoot forward, tumbling out and landing in a net of my friends' limbs. We catch Zeke the same way once he comes down.

I look around at all of these people and I realize something. We are all different and beautiful in our own ways. We all possess some amount of bravery like Dauntless, selflessness like Abnegation, kindness like Amity, intelligence like Erudite, and honesty like Candor.

Inside of each of us is a piece of every faction. We cannot be categorized into just one. We are Divergent. We cannot be contained.