Chapter 9 - Marcy

Marcy's POV

After we got back to the pack house they told me they had had to call in a vampire doctor, luckily Sam had one in her coven. Her name was Nora and she was very kind, she knew a lot about vampires and werewolves and many other things that I'm pretty sure weren't real, but I guess you never know. I'm not suppose to be real, so I guess there could be some pixies and ghosts out there too, right?

Anyways, I fell asleep while Jake was carrying me, or rather I passed out from blood loss, although I only stayed out until we reached the pack house and Jake took me to the infirmary to get my hand looked at. I was shocked to see doctor Allen, the pack doctor since at the time I thought he was trying to save Sam but he quickly explained the whole thing with Nora to me. They had to give me stitches in my palm, which sucks since now I can't use that had or shift until it's fully healed because it would pull out the stitching. As soon as the stitches were done I ran to find Sam, who was still in surgery.

I still can't believe she attacked me and I refuse to believe she's a monster now. She can't be, my sister is in there somewhere and I'm determined to find her just like she was determined to find me.

I had been crying since she did, even though I knew that wasn't really her, I was loosing hope at getting the real her back.

Jacques had tried to talk to her, to trigger some memories, but now it was my turn.

"Marcy, come on we've got to hurry if you don't want to get caught..." Garret said from the door way of Jake's and my room.

"I know, I'm coming." I said back and quickly got up, following him to the doorway to the cells.

"Jacques is still down there, but be careful not to touch anything, it's all made of wolfsbane and silver." He told me before pulling on a thick leather glove to pull the door open that lead down there, to the cells.

I took slow steps until I make it to the bottom of the floor.

"Jacques." I say, my voice sounds crackly and foreign and I glance at Sam for a second.

I flinch at the look she gives me.

"Marcy, do you want to speak to Sam alone?" Jacques asks and slowly walks towards me. He looks at me in a funny way, like he pities me but at the same time like he isn't. Strange.

“If that’s alright. Don’t tell Jake, please. He doesn’t know that I’m here." I mumble the last part, I don't like sneaking off behind Jake's back.

Jacques chuckles. “I have no fond for him anyway.” He smiles at Sam for a second before leaving, “See you tomorrow, Sam.”

“She does not speak yet. She might have lost her voice due to her burning throat.” He whispers to me just as he gets next to me.

"You mean she's mute?" I ask in horror.

Jacques shrugs. “There is a possibility. For the time being, take it easy on her. She lost her memory so everything is confusing to her.”

"Ok, Thanks Jacques." I mumble, letting it set in that she probably won't be speaking to me, if she wants to or not, for awhile.

I hear his footsteps go up the stairs, fading away as they do until I hear the loud thud of the door closing behind him. 

I look down at my hands and take a few steps towards the cell. Slowly I reach out towards the bar but quickly pull my hand back as I remember they cell - all of it, including the walls - was made of silver, and it was really suck to touch it. Especially with my scarred hand. As I pull my hand away, I look up at Sam and notice her making a funny face at the stitches going across the palm of my hand.

One thing I had noticed about Sam that was different were her eyes. They were'nt gray anymore, now they were, although not very noticeable, they were purple. I was expecting it though, they had to give her infusions of blood to save her and the only blood they could get in time was werewolf's blood, mine to be specific.

"Sam?" I whispered, although I knew she would hear me. Her eyes flickered up to my face and she looked disgusted by me.

"Sam, please just say something. I know you're probably really confused and hurt, but I can explain everything, just say something."

She looked at me with the same look of disgust and I vaguely heard her hiss out a single word, "Blood."

Even through a hiss her voice sounded rough and crackled and broken and I quickly realized she needed more blood. That's why her eyes weren't bright purple, they just gave her enough to pull her through.

I decided to link Raven, knowing she was a good hunter and loyal to me, Raven, I've got a situation. I need you to go out and catch something, like a mountain lion or a bear and kill it, but don't hurt it too bad and don't let it bleed to much and then bring it to the prison cells. And do not tell anyone what you're doing, not even Jake, understood?

Yes Luna. I got back after a few seconds and smiled a little at Sam, "I've got someone going out to catch you something right now."

She wrinkled her nose at me and went back to sit on the small cot, turning her back to me. I sighed.

"Sam, everything's going to be alright." I mumbled, although I probably needed to hear her say this to me more than she needed to hear it.

"Do you remember me? Or anything about me?" I spit out.

She looked over her shoulder and me, the same look as before, then turned back around and ignored any other questions.

A little while later Raven came downstairs and pulling a large deer behind her, "Sorry this is the best I could do." She mumbled.

"It's perfect. Thank you so much, you can go now." I told her. I didn't like being so formal with my friends, but it felt right at this moment.

Sam was watching me now, and I pulled up a small door and quickly pushed the deer in before locking it back quickly, "Go ahead, eat up." I told her and she just stared at it, then me, then it again.

I decided to leave and go back upstairs to take a shower, so her smell wouldn't be on me when I went to find Jake.