Chapter No. 1

Chapter: Glowing Fairies

I felt hollow and deeply hurt. I knew she would do this one day but yet I couldn't stop the gasp leaving my mouth.

All i want is freedom.

A chance.

I sigh and massage the upper sides of my head. Thinking about all this was giving me a headache.

I sit still and contemplate  everything that just happened in the past few hours.

I don't know what causes me to run away to the woods but I find comfort in them. I could get lost in the heart of the woods and don't care.

There's just something so magical about this place.

I knew Dua had something against me. But I never thought it ran so deep.

She was practically shipping me off.

No, But that wasn't what had saddened me more. It was the fact that I was about to go to England. Far away from my brother. And he would be left here, Alone. I loved Nathan more than anything, He seemed like the only one he loved me in this world.

Stepfather wanted me gone, He dropped hints. I always turned a blind eye to them.

I always thought that, It was safe to not think about the things that hurt me most. Life's short. I better make the best of it.

But how can you be happy when someone is marrying you off to a hideous freak for the sake of money?

I pull on my hair, frustrated out on my mind. Oh god, I've never hated life more.

When I wipe my wet cheeks on instinct, I realize that I was already crying.

I curse under my breath and search for a napkin on me.

What is wrong with me?

C'mon Amaris, Get yourself together.

I mutter to myself with hot tears streaming down my face.

I wipe my face with a pink napkin that step-dad made sure I always kept it on me.

A light wave of breeze hits my face and I inhale the fresh air of nature.

Don't cry Amaris.

My mother's voice rings in my ears.

My baby, You're so strong.

I instantly feel much more better but sad at the thought of her, Even if that was possible.

My mother. She was the most wonderful and brightest person I had ever known. I loved her with every inch of my heart. But I lost her.

I lost her at the age of five. I was a lost child, Wandering the streets that seemed lifeless at that time.

But Mr. Bennet found me. He found me and kept me.

Life was harsh to me. But although I was in the admist of this storm. I found light. I found myself a home. I found comfort in a voice, Which I thought was never possible. I loved him. He may be a band member for most people.  But for me, He was much more than that. He was my saviour. He was and he still is. This is coming from the depths of my heart. But no matter what, Deep inside I knew. I knew that I would never be able to meet him. He wasn't mine and he'll never be.

I left out a dejected sigh and held my head down.

A few minutes pass in that comfortable silence until I hear a whisper in my ears.

"Amaris."

My eyes widen when I don't recognize that voice.

It wasn't in my head.

I swiftly turn around and look around frantically.

"Amaris."

I jump a bit and gulp. How do they even know my name?

I bend down and grab a stick from the ground. It's a weak form of defense but hey, Atleast it's something.

I rather die and stab whoever person this is, A few times. Other than just die like some weak hollywood actress.

I would die in style.

I mentally facepalm myself at my idiocy.

This isn't the time to make jokes.

A few minutes pass, But I don't let my guard down. That's what happens in movies, You let your guard down for a bit and in the next minute, your butt is getting dragged away by the killer.

Na-uh, Nobody gonna drag me down today.

Ha, Drag me down by one direction.

I'm so gonna die today.

"Follow me, Amaris."
The voice calls out again.

Like hell I will. I stay rooted to the ground. Not making a single noise. I was a bit more afraid now than I was before.

"Follow me, Amaris." The same voice echoes around.

It felt like a mere whisper but I still heard it. I hear a twig snap behind me and I whip around so fast, I think I would've broken my neck.

There it was, A deep red, rose.
Sitting on the ground, Which I'm pretty sure wasn't there before.

That only creeps me out more. I suddenly start to think why I hadn't run out of these woods, screaming for my life yet.

I gently walk towards the red rose. It wasn't often something this interesting happened in my life. Might as well check this out.

I crouch down and pick the res rose up, Careful not to cut myself from the sharp thorns.

I stand up and look around. There was definitely something fishy here.

And that only intrigued me more.

I'm so gonna end up dead.