Chapter 1.

I've always been told that starting over is great. "Go somewhere no one knows you, make them remember your name" is something my grandma taught me. So, I went off to college. Florida State University, FSU. It's hard traveling all the way from a small town in Michigan to Florida, but change is good. The only bad thing is the huge fight I got in with my parents right before I left. They didn't want me to go out of state. They expected me to be content with a degree from some shitty community college. So, I left and haven't looked back since.

I decided to live in an apartment off campus. Dorms just seem so cramped to me. I have a roommate, but I don't even know her name. I pulled into the apartment complex and searched for building C, room 8. I parked and walked into the building and up the flight of stairs. I unlocked the door to be greeted by an empty apartment.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" I walked around the pre-furnished place. There was a small kitchen on the right and an open bathroom door on the left. I walked in further into the open living room, with a door on the left and a door on the right. I slowly pushed down on the lever on the right side door and pushed it open. Against the far wall sat a plain white bed. There was a desk against the opposite wall and not much else besides a closet next to the bed. I shut the door and walked over to the other bedroom. It was slightly larger, with a soccer ball sitting in the middle of it. She must have been here already. I walked around a little more, not seeing any other evidence of someone even being here. I shut the door and sat on the long brown leather couch in front of the small tv in the living room. I looked around to get a feel of the whole place, then realized all my stuff was still in my car. I ran to my car and got my two suitcases of clothes and slung my tote bag of movies and video games onto my shoulder. I slowly made my way up the stairs and into the apartment. I sat the movies and games by the tv and my clothes in my right side bedroom. I went back down and got my laptop and Playstation 3, then another time to get my keyboard and stand. I hooked up the PlayStation to the tv and started playing Heavy Rain until my roommate came.

Before I realized it, I had been playing for 4 hours and the sun had set outside. Still no roommate. I turned off the game and decided to put my clothes away in the closet. I put them away and put on a pair of loose flannel pajama pants and a white tank top. I quickly threw my dirty-blonde hair into a ponytail. I was going to try to look presentable to my roommate, but I'm tired of waiting. I picked up my laptop from the floor and logged on to tumblr. I mindlessly scrolled through my dash for a few minutes before I heard the door behind me unlock and guys loudly talking and laughing. I stood up and walked over to the door. Three guys walked in, all of them holding beer bottles. If I knew guys were coming I wouldn't have changed into pajamas. As soon as they realized I was standing there, they got quiet.

"Hi, I'm Amber. Is my roommate one of your girlfriends or something?" I'm not sure I'm happy with these randoms having keys the apartment. The tanner, dark haired one laughed. What's so funny? He stepped forward.

"Hey, I'm Calum. I'm your roommate."

AN:

hellooo. so this chapter is short but i just wanted to get it published asap :))