Part 1

AN: This is my first fanfiction so I really hope you like it. Please review it or whatever it is you do here. There will be more to come for this story.

The snow fell on the already icy streets of Cardiff. Other Earth tended to be quite cold at this time of night. There was a young woman walking the streets, her name was Rose. Her blonde hair could be seen from miles away, sticking out against the dark skies. Her face showed anger and sadness. She clenched a key against her chest, a key that changed her life. It was given to her not too long ago, soon after she met the love of her life. Rose quite often remembered her adventures with him because they were truly other worldly. The key opened what looked like a small blue box, but it was so much more. The two of them were torn apart by time and space, and Rose guessed it was never meant to be. In her heart though, she couldn't come to terms with that. Their forever couldn't be over yet. Things were left unsaid.

Rose kicked the snow off of her trainers and walked inside the flat she shared with her mum. She guessed her mum, Jackie, knew that she'd be home soon because she could smell whatever was for dinner. "Rose, honey, how are you? How was your day, where've you been?" Jackie questioned.

"Just walking, mum." Rose said with a twinge of sadness in her voice.

"I think you're gonna catch a cold being out there all day." Jackie stated.

"I'll be okay." Rose hung up her jacket and then ran to her room. The tears were falling fast before she even got there. She fell onto her bed, sobbing. Her mum acted like nothing was wrong, like he never even existed. The Doctor existed in her life for a short time, but during that time, he became her everything. He made everything better, and her mum wouldn't ever understand.

A knock on the door woke Rose the next morning. "Come in." Rose covered herself with the duvet. As soon as she saw his face, she immediately smiled. At the door stood Mickey Smith, her ex-boyfriend and the only one who understood her grief. "MICKEY!" She jumped out of bed, not caring about being in her nightie because he'd seen more. Rose hugged him tightly. "How've you been? Where've you been? I've missed you!" She screamed.

"Oh, you know, saving the world." He nonchalantly said. She smacked him on the shoulder and suddenly got serious.

"Why are you back?" "Jackie rang and told me you've been sad. Look, I know you miss him. I know you think you can't live without him, but he's gone. You know well that he can't come back. You need to start moving on, getting back into the swing of things." Rose looked at Mickey, filled with rage.

"You expect me to move on after traveling the universes!? You expect me to forget him?! He showed me a new way to live and love! You can't make me move on! I'll move on when I'm ready," tears streamed down her cheeks, "Clearly I'm not ready, Mick. I can't let go of him, not yet. Please just tell mum that I'm okay. Tell her that I'll start working at the shop again. Please." Rose couldn't speak anymore because the sobs overtook her. She scooted into Mickey's lap, and he held her.

Later that day, Mickey had gone. He left after talking with Jackie. Rose laid in her bedroom all day, depressed. She couldn't snap out of it, she just couldn't. The Doctor was the only person on her mind. Their adventures were nothing but memories now, and Rose knew that. She knew she'd probably never see a Dalek or a Cyberman again. No one else seemed to understand that she wasn't holding onto her old life with him, she was holding onto the chance at a new life with him. A new chance at life with The Doctor, it was all she wanted.