Chapter 1

Just a quick heads up, I wrote this book at a pretty young age and it moves quite fast. Also the content is very cliché and cringe worthy. Still, give it a try, ya might like it♡

*****

Picture of Arianna

      The Same Heavy Footsteps got louder and louder before they stopped right outside my bedroom door. I quickly pulled the covers over my head even though I knew that wouldn't stop him from getting to me. My door swung open and the sheets were ripped off of me as my eyes met his. All I could see was pure anger and hatred. I shielded my head with my hands waiting for the blow. Pain. Fear. Worthless. The only emotions I felt at the moment. A sharp pain shot through my side..

      I bolted awake quickly searching my room only to find I was alone and my pillow was drenched with tears. Probably just had another nightmare. A nightmare of something I go through often. I looked at the clock on my nightstand. 4:43. I laid back down trying to get some sleep for school.

      After what felt like hours of staring up at the ceiling it was 5:30. I decided to get up and take a shower before school started. I picked out my outfit and headed to my bathroom. I stripped and got in the shower. While the hot water streamed down my back the nightmare I had kept replaying in my head.

      Over and over and over.

      It would not go away no matter how hard I tried.

      After about 20 minutes my sobs changed to sniffles and I decided it was time to get out of the shower and get ready for school. 

      I got dressed in some black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black and red flannel.

      I applied minimum makeup. Concealer to cover up the bags under my eyes and a couple bruises on my cheeks, winged eyeliner, and mascara. I decided to just leave my hair down in its natural waves.

      I put on black vans to complete the look and grabbed my book bag swinging it over my shoulder and walked over to my full length body mirror. Feeling satisfied I walked downstairs to the kitchen to grab an apple. I stopped when I heard loud snores from the living room. I knew who it was. The man I feared the most. My dad.

      I turned around quietly hoping I wouldn't wake him. Of course being the clumsy idiot that I am I ran into the wall and fell to the ground with a loud thump, hitting my head in the process. I groaned rubbing my head as I could already feel the headache starting.

      I heard someone clear their throat behind me. My eyes widened and my heart was beating so hard I felt as if I was going to explode.

      I jumped to my feet and immediately felt dizzy. I tried to run but I didn't make it very far before my father grabbed my ankle, pulling me to the ground and standing over me.

      "Where do you think you're going?" He asked. pure hatred in his voice.

      "S-school" I stuttered hoping he would let me go without any beatings.

      Unfortunately, my prayers were Unheard. As he lifted his foot I attempted to protect myself with my arms. A sharp pain shot through my side. Just like my nightmare. I let out a yelp and watched as he smirked and walked away.

      Holding my side I got up and ran out the of the house as fast as I could ignoring the flaring pain in my side.

      I didn't stop running until I reached my school. After catching my breath and wiping my tears I walked though the school doors and started walking to the bathroom with my head down hoping nobody would see my blotchy face. No one can find out about this otherwise my dad would kill me.

      I weaved my way through the crowd walking as fast as I could before running into someone and falling on my back. I winced at the pain in my side and head.

      "I am so sorry" I apologized not even looking at who it was.

      "Watch where you're going" he scoffed.

      I froze. Slowly lifting my head up to come face to face with Jake Prince.

      The schools bad boy.

_______________________________________

A/N

So this is the first book I have ever written! I hope everyone likes it. Tell me what you think:)

Also I'm not very good at authors notes😂 just thought everyone should know.

Please vote and comment.

~ Khloe Xx