Chapter 4: Run for it

“Trinity Idotel, get up!” my abusive mother screamed through my locked door. Banging on it to make sure I was awake. “Blasted girl.” She muttered as she walked down the hall to gently wake Brandon up offering him some eggs and bacon she expected me to have ready the moment she walked into the kitchen.

I slowly made my way to the kitchen I turned the light off in the hall and every other part of the house I walked through. I could hear my mother use a stream of profanities as she walked past me in the hall

“Hurry up child! Brandon was out late with Lacy! And he’s hungry! Child for heaven sakes, don’t burn them!! Now quickly put the bacon in the oven!” my mother thought she was giving me criticism to make me go faster and better. But now I was starting to get annoyed. So I burnt the eggs and put cinnamon in them, Brandon and my mother were allergic to cinnamon, honestly, that lady was stupid enough to buy it! I nearly smiled as I poured the cinnamon into their food.

“Breakfast.” I said in a flat tone as I set their trays in front of them.

“No silverware?” Brandon asked.

“Get it yourself you want it so bad.”

“Muuumm! Make her get it!” I swear Brandon was three, the way he acted!

“Trinity! Get over the blasted wolf and get him it!” my mom screamed.

"This isn't about my wolf!" I yelled back

:"Yes it is! It's always about that darn wolf! She's GONE get over it!"

“Hope you like cinnamon!” I mumbled.

“What did you say child?” My mother asked.

“Nothing.” I replied flatly. I looked out the window. I stared at the bushes that my mother had to have perfectly straight, inside the bush, I saw a flash of red. I squeezed my eyes shut tight then opened them again, this time I actually saw someone! The man was tall had a red shirt on, of course, he had black hair and deep blue eyes like mine had been. After the momentary shock my face went back to showing no emotion, my mother saw me looking carefully outside.

“What are you looking at?” she questioned, I didn’t answer. So she swore and continued eating. I looked carefully at the egg she was about to pop into her mouth, it was coated in cinnamon. She clutched her throat as the cinnamon took its effect. I laughed as Brandon had a panic attack. He hadn’t eaten yet. So while Brandon was calling 911, I walked outside to look at the man in the bushes.

I slid the door open and walked to the man. When I got to him he was smiling widely. It reminded me of what my smile used to look like.

“Who are you?” I asked, my dead voice must clearly not have been what he was expecting. Because he looked generally shocked to hear it, like he had heard me before, or had imagined my voice, but I didn’t know this man.

“Trinity? You really don’t know who I am?” The man had a husky voice that reminded me of Brandon. “Well I’m not surprised, well best not let your brother see me.” the man said, he started laughing, I stayed nearly dead on my feet like I was every day, but the man kept laughing, as he laughed the bushes rustled. My eyes showed little emotion as a pure black wolf stood at the man’s side, I stared at his wolf.

“So where is your wolf? The first wolf girl I’m so proud of you Trinity! And a wolfen no less!!” he cried

“My wolf is gone. And if you’re going to stand here and not answer my question then you’d best leave before I put your clothes on fire.” I told the man flatly like I always talk.

“Gone?! Hmm. Well I, Trinity, am Henry Idotel.” he said, jabbing a thumb at his chest. I was shocked, well, as shocked as a living dead person could be. Just then the doorbell rang. I shook my head and went to get the door.