parte una.

He felt smothered by everyone's presence. Smothered and lost and incapable of wanting another second to pass by.

Yet, he kept walking home along a road that was all too familiar to him. The small road lead to his house, a place where Jack was never to fond of. 

Walking there, he thought quietly to himself. He thought about the smallest things in order to keep his mind off of what he would come to find when he got there. 

Though he already knew. 

His dad of course, would never be there, and his mom would be in her room slowly making her deathbed. That was it, just like every other day. Today it just happened to be a warm Friday afternoon with a slight cold breeze. 

Jack unlocked the door and lightly snickered at the reminder that no matter however many times he would come back to his house, it would never really feel like "home".

He sat his backpack down and wandered into the kitchen. Hours would pass by before Jack got up and checked on his mother. Nothing. Going into his room he layed down on the old matress, it squeaking as the boy plopped on it.

For him, staring at the ceiling in dim lighting was like getting a tan in the sun.

While staring up at the old and cracked cieling, Jack wondered why he was stuck with a druggie mom and a helpless dad. His brain tried to formulate and answer bur none of them were good enough for Jack.

Helplessly he sighed, it is what it is and it was what it was. Nothing could change. Not even now, he thought.

So once again, just like every other night, he closed his eyes and dreamed of a better today.