Chapter 2

"I do have it," I said slowly, seeing their faces light up. Jason extended his hand, waiting for it. I looked at it, at him, then to the two others. "But there's no law or rule that says I have to give it to you, " I said, smiling evilly. I was not handing the coin over, I was having fun watching these three lose their minds.

And plus, this is the only fun I get to have around here. Their faces darkened. The fake smile on Percy's face slipped off. "What?" He snaps. "Listen you little thing," hissed Piper. "We've spent the whole day looking for that," pointing at the coin I was twirling between my fingers, "And we are not leaving without it. Got it?"

She was in my face now, her finger poked my chest with every word. I just smiled and looked down at her, I'm about 2 inches taller than her. Suddenly I spat in her face and, whilst she's screamed, I turned and ran along the pavement. "I got her!" yelled Jason, and he chased after me. I risked a glance over my shoulder and noticed that he's really fast, so I poured on more speed.

I ducked quickly into an alleyway, probably the only non - dead - end - alleyway around here. It's got a high brick wall at the end, but I didn't stop. I ran faster and jumped. I grabbed a brick that's sticking out of the wall as I jump. I climb up expertly and hit the ground running on the other side.

Sadly, my plan didn't work like I had hoped it would. Jason was over that wall in seconds. How did he do that? I asked myself silently, but continued to race through the streets. I lost him quickly.

He had clearly given up and I snuck up and sat on the same wall we had jumped earlier. Piper and Percy were waiting there for him and, luckily, they didn't notice me. Jason returned, with a defeated look on his face. "Oh gods." the poor thing said, sinking down against the wall to the right of me.

He put his head in his hands and said, "I really messed up. I'm so sorry, Pipes." "Hey, it's okay," she said, walking over to him and wrapping her arms around him. "Hey! Look on the bright side! There's a 40% chance that it won't end up in the hands of a monster," stated Percy, trying to lighten up the mood.

Looking at the blonde's face, I started to feel very guilty. I fiddled with the coin as the silence grew. Suddenly I asked, breaking the silence," Whats so special about this coin anyway?" Everybody's heads snapped up to look where the voice had come from.

"You," hissed Piper. With reflexes that suprised me, Percy jumped and got hold of my ankle, and yanked me down to the ground. He let me fall heavily next him. "What a gentleman," I muttered as I shot to my feet and backed away from Percy. "Give. It." He hissed at me, his hand extended. I probably should have given it to him, but I was curious now.

"Whats so special about this coin? And mortal? Compared to what? A god?" I heard a distant rumble. "Just give it to me," snapped Percy. "No, ask nicely," I sneered, but too late did I realise Percy's patience is gone. He launched himself at me and I quickly side stepped him.

"Fine. I've tried to be nice, but now you've asked for it," he said dangerously. "You sound like a Disney villian," I sniggered. But, before I can do anything, takes out a ballpoint pen. My first thought was, Is he going to seriously stab me with a freaking pen? But then, he uncapped it and it turned into a half a metre long bronze sword.

Then? Well, my language turned a little bit more colourful after, is that even legal to carry around? I panicked and picked up a branch that was sitting next to me and blocked his attack. Have I mentioned that I should have been born blonde? He quickly brought his sword up then back down again, breakinh the branch in half.

I stared at the two halves. Before either one of us could move, a pair of strong arms grabbed my arms and forced them behind my back. But I was on a roll. I threw my head backwards, headbutting Jason in the nose. He screamed (like a girl, BTW) and released my arms.

I swung around to face him, but then realised that I was surrounded. I cursed and started thinking of a plan. But my stupid brain could only come up with, Keep them talking, distract them so that you can get away. "I know about the Twelfth Legion!" I blurted out, remembering the ingraved writing on the coin. They all froze.

Piper narrowed her eyes at me. "How do you know about that?" she asked slowly. That's when my mind finally started working. "A monster told me," I blurted out again. They froze again. "It had one eye and, um, was very large and hairy," I continued. "And it said that his kin were planning on attacking the Twelfth Legion."

I hoped and prayed I had said the right things, and my prayers were answered. Jason's eyes widened. "What? How?" He stammered. Piper was shaking head and Percy was looking really nervous. "When?" pressed Jason, looking shocked and afraid. "Umm..." I was trying really hard to think.

"He didn't say." I say. "Although he did mention Zeus and.... Um, Percy Jackson." I state, reading Percy's name off the corner of his hoodie. I just kind used the Greek writing and the talk of monsters to get to them, and, to be completely honest, I had no clue what I was talking about.

But it worked. They shared shocked looks and Percy's frown deepened. Before anybody could move, I turned around and launched myself up and over the wall. As I landed and ran, I looked over my shoulder and was very relieved to know that they weren't following me.