Chapter Two

"Doctor!" Rose yells at the top of her lungs. "DOCTOR!!" Jackie comes out of the house, her face pinched. "Rose?! Is he back?" Rose jumps out the window, which is about five feet from the ground, landing hard on her heels. The Doctor comes out of the TARDIS, his trench coat trailing behind him. Rose crashes into his arms, knocking him down on the ground. "Chill out, girl!" The Doctor stands up and wipes sand off his shirt. Rose's eyes are watery and clear. "Doctor...I knew you'd come back..." Jackie, standing behind them, snorts. "So Doctor, you gonna take my daughter again?"

Rose pleads, grinning wildly. "Please, mum, Doctor..." Ten (we'll go with that as his nickname) gives a complicated sigh. "If it's fine with Jackie, it's fine with me." Rose looks at her mother as she breaks into a grin. "Oh, alright. As long as she's happy. This lot's been depressed and wallowing in her tears all summer!" Rose laughs and hugs the Doctor. Jackie smiles sadly.

After packing her clothes, Rose turns to her mum. "Tell Mickey I'll be back soon! Bye!" She gives a little wave, and the Doctor takes Rose inside the TARDIS. "Goodbye Rose!" The box makes an odd whooshing sound, and within a few seconds Jackie stands alone, her blond hair streaming behind her, on the shores of Bad Wolf Bay.