Chapter One

Rose wakes up, her forehead pounding in pain. A sweet smell wafts to her bedroom from the kitchen, and she goes down to see her mother making her signature apple-filled pancakes. Mickey walks in then, his brown skin shining with sweat. "Cybermen outbreak in northern London," he explains. Rose kisses him on the cheek. "Good luck."

Ever since Mickey and Rose had broken up, Rose considered Mickey as her older brother. It felt so good, she thought, not to be in a romantic relationship. Besides, she missed her doctor too much to be involved with someone else. Jackie sighs and takes a seat next to Rose. "You miss him, don't you?" Rose looks at her mom tearfully. "Mum, he appears in my dreams and nightmares every single night. It's impossible to forget him!" Jackie rubs her daughter's shoulder in a motherly fashion. "It's all right, Rose. He'll come for you. Just believe."

Rose walks up to her room, random tears brimming from her eyes. She gets an old photo album from under her bed, and flips through the pages sadly. Her and the Doctor in the prehistoric times, laughing as a Pteradon circles their heads. The Doctor and Captain Jack, standing in an airship, both with their hands on their hips. A laugh bubbles up from within Rose's chest, and she sets the book aside.

Suddenly she begins hearing a sound. Her eyes widen considerably, and she rushes to her window. The sky outside is a clear blue, and the trees sway in the light breeze. She looks down. There, standing smack dab in the middle of the clearing, is a blue box. She knew it, right before she saw it.

It was the TARDIS.