Dear Time, Death and Love

Now for something completely different. What if you could write a letter to, love, death or time? What would you say? To promote the upcoming release of the movie Collateral Beauty, Wattpad have nominated Imaginator1D, krazydiamond and LDcrichton to write their stories to these powerful themes. They have also encouraged everyone else to do the same. All you need to do is write a letter to Love, Death or Time and share YOUR story with Wattpad and rediscover the spirit that connects us all. Head on over to the Romance Profile and see what these fantastic writers have come up with. #CollateralBeauty

I thought it was such a good idea that I've given it a go. Check it out and let me know what you think ;)

❤ ℳ 

❧ ⚛ ✺ ✺ ⚛ ❧

Dear Time,

You are cruel. Without fanfare, you move silently forward, uncaring of those who fall. The good, the bad, the indifferent; kings and paupers – we all must abide by the undeniable truth that we have only one life to live, and one lifetime in which to live it.

How could you let me believe I had more of the one thing I didn't have?

My words fall on your deaf ears as you blindly march on. To you, we are but a blip in your endless existence. Surely you must know that blink for you, is everything to us. It is the limited time we are given to live; to grow, to love, and to die. In a heartbeat we are at your mercy.

How do I make time stop? How can I go back to before we received the news that heralded the beginning of the end?

They say love begins in a moment, grows over time and lasts an eternity. From the instant I laid eyes on her I understood. Never before had there been such clarity. Through her I had a purpose, a meaning, and a future. It was so easy loving her. Everything was new again and I could see life through the eyes of joy. My whole being gravitated towards her. It didn't matter how others saw me—through her eyes I was more than the simple and fallible man that I am. She loved me, and that was all that mattered.

Time, you are measured not by a clock, but by moments. The first time she said, I love you; how she reached for me when she was scared; the crushing pain when she screamed I hate you, and the relief when the arguments were over, and all was well with the world again.

Did I do enough? Did I spend enough time with her? Could work have waited? Did I really need that next promotion, that next pay rise?

As the last grains of sand disappear, I can feel her slipping away from me.

Dear Time, please make these last moments enough to carry beyond today, and for the rest of my days.

❧ ⚛ ✺  ✺ ⚛ ❧

Dear Death,

I think I hate you the most. Until you walked in the door and rang the death knell that brought terror to my heart, my life was complete. With malicious intent, you teased us with the near misses. We faltered while we recovered, but life returned to normal—or so I thought. Then, with your dark cloak and sharp scythe, you cut through my heart when Time finally caught up with us.

You did nothing to stop him. Instead, you stepped aside and encouraged him to twist the knife in my heart. You rejoiced in our suffering and encouraged the end to arrive all too quickly.

I promised to keep her safe, to stand between her and anything and everything that could do her harm. You have made a mockery of my vow. How can I protect her now when you have cast your shadow over our lives? She is my world, and you are ripping her away from me. You, I will never forgive.

How will I get beyond today when a part of me is dying?

❧ ⚛ ✺  ✺ ⚛ ❧

Dear Love

My heart cannot take the pain. Is there such a thing of loving someone too much? The heavy weight in my chest, the parched throat as I struggle to stop the tears from falling, is too much for me to bare. No matter how much I try, the memories refuse to budge. Like a worn and favorite book, I bring them out and gently touch each as I flip through familiar pages. Each one, precious. Each one, a reminder of what is about to end. You have taught us love fades, but true love endures. It will be this love that I will cling onto and keep with me always.

How can I let her see me like this? I have to be brave. I will be strong for her, even though all I want to do is run and hide her away from your two friends, Death and Time.

No matter where I go, she will always hold that place in my heart that has only ever been, and ever will be—hers.

Love, you were with me the day she came into my life, and you are with me now. Walk beside me today and give me the grace and courage to survive my loss. Let me be the strength she needs me to be. Most of all, let me love her enough to let her go.

❧ ⚛ ✺  ✺ ⚛ ❧

Dear Brian,

You hurt my little girl, neither Time, Death or Love, will stop me from ripping you limb from limb.

Today she becomes your wife, but never forget, she is my everything.

❧ ⚛ ✺ ✺ ⚛ ❧

So what did you think? Was it what you were expecting? Don't forget to vote and leave a comment.

I tag linahanson VeraLoy and LMareeApps to write their own letters to Love, Death or Time; or all three.

I also nominate YOU, all of you, and ask: If you wrote a letter to Love, Death or Time, what would it say? Submit your own letters on your profiles and tag them with #CollateralBeauty or share your letters in the comments section of Collateral Beauty: A Collection of Short Stories on the Romance Profile.

Take care,

❤ ℳ