Chapter 1: New Job

This is the first part! Hope you guys will like it :))

------------------------------------------------------------

--JULY--

Selena's POV:

As the tutorial end Aunt Phoenix called me to the living room. I went into the living room to find that she want to have a serious conversation with me. How do I know, you may ask. Yes because I has been around this house for the whole summer. I know that when she want to discuss sonething seriously, she will have her favorite jasmine tea on the small rectangle table that lined up wih the couch. As I came closer, she motioned me to sit down. So I sat down feeling that this conversion will be some bad news. I wait patiently for her to start the conversation since I don't know what this conversation is supposed to be about.

"I can see that with your help, Jacob has been learning a lot more this summer," she said finally starting the discussion. She stopped and take a sip of her tea.

"Thank you," I said quietly. I don't like this conversation already. I have no idea where is she going with this conversation. I started to look around avoid eyes contact with her.

"As you know summer is ending, school will start soon. Therefore," she paused. "Therefore Jacob don't need a tutor anymore," she said again taking another sip of her tea.

I was going out of my mind for several seconds. Then I realized what she just said. No, no, no, this can't be happening. "Please Aunt Phoenix, please, I really need his job. I can't lose this job. You know my situation. Please let me keep this job, I'll do better," I pled as my eyes get all watery. I tried my best to keep my tears in.

"I know, I know Selena, I know that your mom needed money for her treatment for kidney stones," she comforted with her warm voice putting one of her arm over my shoulder. "But Jacob really don't need a tutor now. Your job will be end at the end of this month," she finished.

My heart swell as soon as I heard her last sentence. "But," I started to plead her again.

"Don't worry, dear," she interrupted me. "Don't worry, I'm looking for a new job for you," she said with a smile.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you so much!" I exclaimed as soon as I heard that.

"Okay, calm down. Now go home I will call you as soon as I can find a new job for you," she said as she stand up.

"You're the best Aunt Phoenix! I'll be waiting for your call," I said as I stand up and hug her. Pulling away from her hug, I started out for the door. I walked to the place where I left my skateboard and my safety equipments. I put on my safety equipments and skate home. When I got home. It's already 10:00 P.M. I opened and closed the door quietly because I know mom is sleeping since her work start early in the morning.

I went to the kitchen for food because I was starving. She found pizza in the fridge. I knew that mom left the pizza for me. I microwave the pizza, then I pour my self a glass of milk. "Beeppp... Beppp... Beppp," I heard the microwave alarmed. Perfect timing! I took the pizza and milk to our circled and small dining table. I took a newspaper too to look for jobs that I can do. I took a bite of the pizza and start to flip the pages. Before I could flip any page. The headline of the newspaper caught my eyes. It read "Harry Styles is making trouble... AGAIN!!!" Hmmm... Interesting. But I ignore the news and flip through the Job Section. I drank my milk then start to read.

Mandy (Selena's mom)'s POV:

I woke up at 5:00 A.M when my alarm rang. I turned it off and started for the bathroom. After I'm getting ready to go to work, then noticed that Selena is sleeping on the dining table. Ohh! My poor baby! I walked toward her. I found out that she must fell asleep when she is eating after she came home from her work. I saw that her head is laid on the newspaper on the Job Section. Oh no! I think I know what happened. I'll talk to her later when we are waiting for my turn to do my treatment at the doctor's office.

"Selena! Selena! Selena wake up! Honey go and sleep in your room," I shook her so she can wake up.

"Huh? Oh hi mom," she said sleepily as she opened her eyes and saw me.

"Dear, go to your room to sleep. Your back will get hurt from sleeping in this position," I wake her again.

"Okay mom, go to work or else you'll be late," she answered, her eyes still closing.

"Yeah right, I got to go! Bye Sel! I said as I hurried to the door.

"Wait mom! Wait mom! You forgot something!" I heard Selena called from behind. I stopped and checked my things. Hmmm... Weird, I have everything I need with me.

I saw Selena catching up with me. She stopped in front of me. Then she gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. "You forgot this. Love you mom! See you soon," she whispered.

"Love you too hun! See you later." I said as I walked out the door. Selena stood there watching me leave then she closes the door.

Selena's POV:

After get woken up by my mom, I can't go back to sleep. Therefore, I decided to cook breakfast. I cooked a dish of scrambled egg and again a glass of milk.

Suddenly I heard my phone ringing. I looked for it and found it near the front door. I must have dropped it when I'm trying to catch up with mom.

It was Aunt Phoenix who is calling. I quickly pick up the phone. "Hello," I answered politely.

"Hey Selena, I found a job for you. Would you mind to come early today so we can talk about it?" She asked softly since it's morning.

"Sure of course I can come early Aunt Phoenix! I'll be there at 11:00 A.M. then," I answered her excitedly.

Again as my daily routine I started to skate to Aunt Phoenix's house around 10:15 A.M. since our houses are distant away.

I rang the doorbell as I stood there waiting. Aunt Phoenix opened the door.

"Hi Selena! You sure are early!" She said as we both walk in.

"Yeah of course! I really need a job after this one since I didn't find any job yet," I explained as we both sit down at the couch at the same place we sat yesterday.

"Oh right about that," she said with a weird tone in it. Now I can see something's fishy in here.

"So, what is the job that you told me about?" I asked sincerely.

"Um... well...," she mumbled.

"What happened?" I asked frowning.

She took a deep breath. "Alright, to tell you the truth. I tried real hard to find you a job. I used a lot of relationships to find you this job. But I don't know if you want this job," she answered truthfully.

"What's the job?" I asked in my low voice. I think there's something bad about this job.

"It's... It's... It's a job as a maid," she finally told me what is the job. But I don't see anything bad in this job.

"And so what's wrong with this job that made you worried so much?" I asked as I took her hands.

"Well... You will the maid for the Styles family," she answer weakly.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this part is long to you. But I worked hard on it. Thank you for reading! I'll try to update part 2 as soon as possible. :))