Chapter Two

I stare at him, unable to speak from the disbelief. He looks down ashamed.
"W-what do you mean?", I finally managed to spit out. He keeps staring down not wanting to talk. I put my hand on his shoulder, he quickly shakes it off. "You don't know what I've been through", he hesitates "ever since my parents...", he couldn't say anymore and breaks down. Hot tears falling down his cheeks. My first thought was to wrap my arms around him, so I did, knowing his triggers feeling horrible that he had to think of them again. The embrace calmed him down slowly. " I just couldn't take it.. first my parents die, you know this!", he says in a loud tone.
"Im sorry, if you don't want to talk about that, it's totally alright, but do you think you could tell me anything else that is bothering you right now?", I ask in an attempt to help him.
"F-fine..", Vic collects himself and wipes his eyes calming down now, I look at him listening. despite this, more tears fall down his cheeks. "Talia fucking cheated on me with Joe!", he screamed. I bite my lip and press my hand firmly on one on his shoulders, he quickly shakes it off. Talia never seemed like the girl who would cheat on her boyfriend, plus who would wanna cheat on Vic he's such a joyful guy with great features, always smiling. "It'll be alright", I say assuredly.
"It won't be he says, I'll never love again. For what?! to just get cheated on!?", his tone starts to rise again.
"Whatever Man, it's not like anyone else would want me..", he began to stutter. I look at him absurd.

"What do you mean no one would want you ", I respond. "You're a great person with a great personality and beautiful smile..." He stares at me wordless, not being able to find the right words to respond with. instead, he hugs me, embracing me with his broad arms. I can feel him huff, trying to stop crying. I smile, hoping he is smiling too as I feel him calms down. He looks at the window, "It's really letting it fall out there isnt it?", he says quietly. I get up and look out the window, "Oh no the road is going to be covered in ice!", I exclaim in worry.

"You can stay here tonight, theres nothing wrong with that, just let your parents know youll be staying the night and they'd understand", Vic explains. It's not a bad idea of course and it's an excuse to spend a little more time with Vic, which couldn't hurt.

"Sure that'd be wonderful, thank you, I say with a small smile. I'll stay with Vic over night and we'll have a great time. He goes to he's dresser and pulls out an inflatable bed. "You could sleep here tonight", he says. I smile and look at my watch, "It's barely eight o clock. There's plenty of time before I go to bed." Vic chuckels slightly and says, "Of course, we could go down stairs and watch some netflix if you want" I smiles and respond, "Sure!", and we go down stairs. my mind is at ease seeing that Vic will be alright now.

Vic picks up the remote and puts neflix on his smart T.V., "So anything you'd like to watch?", I shrug and think if there isnt anything I havent watched. I finally make up my mind and ask, "Have you seen 13 reasons why?". He nods hes head no and puts it on the t.v. and lays down on the couch. I lay down next to him.

After a while of silence watching the show I ask, "So Vic when are you ever returning to school, you havent been to school, you can still finish your freshman year of junior college", he takes a while and responds with, "Fuck school, I don't feel like going back to that place, you can go, it's probably best for you, but I'm done with that place", I sit there in silence again thinking of what to say. I then ask, "what if I could change your mind?", he smiles and says, "Good luck with that", and we sit there and watch the show.

  Without realizing, I had fallen asleep with my head on Vic's shoulder. I would always lay my head on his shoulder and he wouldn't mind, he knew he was my comfort crowd. I woke up to several missed calls and text messages from worried parents. "shit...", I breathe softly and get up gently waking Vic from his trance to the tv. "I have to make a call", I explain to him while pointing at my phone making my way to the restroom.

  "Hello?", I answer the phone with a groggy voice after my parents pick up on the second ring. "Thank goodness you're okay! We were worried sick Kellin! You still at Vics?" I sigh and look back at him before apologizing for not letting them know right away and explaining to them my situation. They agreed to Vic's plan but they wanted me back home in the morning as soon as possible. I bid them farewell and went back with vic, embracing him with my arms as I sit down next to him.