eleven

Twenty minutes had passed by the time I woke up. I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I was greeted with was Michael. I could never stop admiring him, the way he smiled. the way he laughed, the way he captivated me with only his stare. I guess you could say I had it pretty bad for Michael.

We pulled up to a stop sign and Michael looked over at me. "Look who's awake." He chuckled at me as I was curled up in a little ball on the seat. I stretched out from my position and peeled the small blanket off of me.

I sighed and flipped through the radio stations until I settled on one. It was set low so it acted as just background music. My head was bobbing to the music when Michael pulled up to a gas station. "You want something?" he said pointing to the little shop. I nodded as he handed over a $20 bill and told me to pay for the gas too.

I walked into the little shop and walked over to the slushie station. My options were between blue and red so I did eenie-meenie. Yes, I'm a 17 year old girl on the fence about slushie flavors. My final decision was red so I walked to the cashier paid.

I turned to walk back to the car when I was approached by a man probably in his forties. He looked like he was homeless so I assumed that he was just going to ask for some change. He walked up to me, a little too close for my liking. "Hey pretty girl, why you all alone here?" he said as he got even closer.

He reeked of booze and cigarettes and he was breathing all over me. I tried to walk away but I knew I couldn't when he grabbed my wrist. I tried pulling away but he only grabbed onto my wrist tighter. "Please let me go!" I pleaded. I started screaming and panicking.

I thought he was going to get away with me before Michael ran over. "Get the fuck away from her!" He pushed the guy to the floor and kicked him. He grabbed my hand and led me back to the car.

"You okay?" he asked when we were inside the car. I nodded at told him I was fine. He smiled and nodded as we pulled back out onto the street. We continued driving in silence for a while. One of Michael's hands were on the steering wheel and the other was intertwined in mine.

Sometimes I wondered if Michael wanted to do more than hold hands with me. I guess it was obvious that he wanted to kiss me but were those feelings different since last week? Maybe he had changed his mind and gave up on us becoming more than we already were which was, well, I'm not even sure.

What were we? We weren't a couple but we were definitely more than friends. Everyone saw it, apparently. My friends all though we were dating, and when I told them we weren't they were all a little disappointed. Even my sister said we were cute together. I wish I could just ask Michael what we were but that's probably be weird for the both of us.

I dismissed my thoughts and turned on the radio. I flipped through the channels when I heard a familiar beat. I giggled and knew I could annoy Michael with this.

You're insecure, don't know what for.

Michael groaned and I took that as my cue to sing louder.

Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you.

Michael rolled his eyes and gave in. We both sang at the top of our lungs trying to out-loud each other.

BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE!

We sang the rest of the song very loudly before it ended. By the time it was over we were both out of breath. "I can't believe they still play that song!" he said, still panting. I shrugged my shoulders and pulled out my bag of gummy bear. I was sad that I dropped my slushie back at the gas station.

I ripped open the bag and picked out a red one. "Ooh gimme one!" he said with excitement. It amused me how much his actions resembled a little boy. I picked out a yellow one and showed it to him. He opened his mouth so I fed it to him.

Before I could pull my hand away he bit down and gently bit my fingers. I squealed and jerked my hand away. "Michael!" I tried to act angry but what he did was so weird that it made me burst into giggles. I couldn't stop and eventually Michael caught them and pretty soon we were both a couple of laughing idiots.

We both sobered up and caught our breaths. I continued eating my gummy bears and kept feeding them to Michael. Ok, I can see how people got the idea of us dating now. Apparently we flirted a lot but neither of us noticed but everyone else did. It was a natural thing for us which was weird for me because I don't think I've ever been so comfortable with someone so soon.

"We'll be arriving in LA in about 20 minutes ma'am." Michael said trying to sound like a pilot or something. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

The nature was getting boring so I pulled my phone out and scrolled through instagram. I decided to post a picture of Michael and myself so I flipped it to the front camera and told Michael to say cheese. He smiled and I snapped the picture.

I put 'headed to LA' as the caption and tagged Michael @michaelgclifford. "What's your middle name?" He had never told me before. He sighed and bowed his head. "Ugh I knew you'd ask eventually." I thought of names starting with G. George, Greg, Gabe... "Gordon, it's Gordon." he said. Ok, that's pretty embarrassing.

He had opened up to me so I couldn't dump on him so I just nodded and pursed my lips. "Just laugh." he sighed with a chuckle after. I burst out laughing and I felt bad for laughing so hard but it was just so weird. I caught my breath and grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry ba- I mean, um, Michael." Shit. Was I going to call him baby?

I pulled my hand away and rested it in my lap. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Michael with a small smile sprawled across his face. I blushed and looked down. My phone dinged and I saw that it was a text from my mom.

How's everything? Are you guys okay? Are you there yet? Has Michael touched you? Ok love you, respond asap.

I texted back and answered all her questions.

Good. Yes. Almost. Gross mom, no. Love you too.

I hit send and right as I did we passed a sign that said 'Welcome to Los Angeles'. I smiled and looked over at Michael. He was smiling too and I looked down at our hands that were intertwined. It was such a natural thing that my hands unconsciously found his much too often.

"What first?" Michael asked. "Can we go to Hollywood it's only like 20 minutes from here!!" I begged. HE chuckled and agreed. We both rolled down our windows and looked around. This moment was perfect, right here, I was with Michael and I had never been happier.

The concert was at 7 and it was currently 2. We had 4 1/2 hours before the concert. We arrived in Hollywood 20 minutes later and Michael thought we should go see the Hollywood sign so we did. We drove up and took cliché pictures with it. We asked another tourist to take a picture of us and when I handed my phone to her she said that we were a cute couple.

I tried to clear things up but Michael butted in by saying "Oh thank you. We're very happy." He then pulled me to him and kissed me on the cheek. My cheeks grew tomato red and the lady took the picture. I thanked her and scrolled through the pictures.

I couldn't deny that we were a cute couple. We looked so happy in the pictures, we looked like we were almost, in love.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

HEY HEY!!! ok so this almost 500 reads?! I got my laptop taken away for a few days but then I get it back and I have over 400 reads on this? it's literally so crazy and thank you guys for even glancing at my story let alone voting and commenting and adding it to your libraries. But anyways I love u guys! Xx