CH 2: Cheer Shorts

Start from the beginning

Toni thought their relationship was cute and funny. She's never been in a relationship any longer than maybe five months and the main thing they did was have sex. No, she wasn't proud of it but when her parents only let her out to go to school there wasn't any fun in that. So she snuck out to his place or he snuck into hers. Yeah she liked the guy but she wasn't really proud of herself throughout those months. That's why she's happy for Luna and Jeremy. They had something real.

At the end of practice the sweaty guys breaked and went to the locker rooms. Luna hopped off the bleachers and ran into Jeremy's embrace.

Ew.

Toni thought as she practically saw the sweat drip off his forehead.

She grabbed her bag and awkwardly waited next to the couple, waiting for them. Some guys approahed her, trying to talk or even crudely hitting on her. The famous one: You lookin' mighty fine in those cheer shorts' in a heavy southern accent.

She couldn't really blame them though. She had on her red soffee cheer shorts and black sports bra. Standard practice uniform. After the fourth patron approached her she was fed up. She rummaged through her bag and pulled a NCSU sweatshirt over her head.

"Damn Toni," Darren smirked as he approached her from behind, watching her pull the hoodie over her head. She turned around a bit confused but then smiled when she knew it was him. "Hey Darren." Toni knew she looked a mess. She felt some hair stick to the side of her face, falling from her more than messy ponytail. Darren saw her gray eyes light up from their dark gloomy state when she greeted him.

"You ready for us to be the third and fourth wheel?" he joked. She sighed, "I don't see why they won't go on a date by themselves." "I think Luna just wanted you to meet new people, i.e me."

"Bitch" she mumbled. Darren laughed. "She told me you needed company because Jeremy kept dragging you along." "That's what Jeremy told me about you," he chuckled.

She shook her head shamefully, "I guess we both needed someone to hang out with...according to them." He shrugged, "I guess. Jeremy!" he barked making the couple jump away from eachother. "Come on, I'm hungry."

They left for chik-fil-a in Luna's car and she just had to bring up Toni not having her license. Ugh, she got on Toni's nerves sometimes. The boys laughed at her and she felt so childish. Damn Luna.

"I'm still mad at you," Toni muttered as they entered the fast food place and walked to the register. "You know I was playing." "Just shut up."

They ordered their food and ended up sitting at a booth in the far corner. Toni was obviously ignoring Luna so she just turned back to Jeremy and talked to him about their half time performance.

"You know what you should do?" Darren asked.

"What?"

"Paint my my number on your face" he suggested.

"My face?"

"Your cheek I mean" he chuckled.

Toni had seen a few girls do that and thought it was just silly. She guess' she can do it for Darren.

"Oh, I guess I can. Why?"

"I don't know," he shrugged, "maybe it'll make me play better."

"Aw, do you need moral support" she teased.

"Oh shut up."

She giggled, taking a sip of her Dr. Pepper.

"What number are you?" she asked.

"24" he smirked.

"Okay, I'll just have to-"

"You don't get the joke?"

"What?"

"24? Kobe Bryant? Lakers?"

"Oh are they that team from San Francisco?"

"San Francisco? Really? Toni, they're from Los Angeles."

Her eyes brightened, "Los Angeles?"

"You've been there?"

"No but I want to someday. It's really a dream of mine," she smiled. He saw in her smile that she had a lot of dreams and this was probably one of her biggest.

"I'm sure you'll get there someday."

She shook her cup of ice. "I'm gonna get a refill." She pushed back her chair and stood up with a shy smile before turning and walking to the fountain drinks. He cares.

Darren found himself starring at her backside in those cheer shorts as she sashayed to get her Dr. Pepper. With his bottom lip between his teeth his eyes traveled up her toned legs to her firm as-

"I see you starrin' at my girl," Luna smirked as she looked in the direction where Darren was looking. "And?" "Nothing" she smiled and went back to talking to Jeremy.

It wasn't a crime. She was fine and had some nice assets.

For a white girl.

A/n:

I may use some cheer references throughout the story. If you guys are confused about any term I use feel free to ask in the comments below and I will answer.

Toni is me in a lot of ways. We both know little to nothing about sports. That's quite sad because I've been cheering for nearly nine years and I'm still hopeless.

I put a video link on the side to show you what type of cheer they do at NCSU. At 1:32 in the video there is a basic stunt that I usually do. The people on the side of the flyer (person in air) and are holding her feet are called the bases and the person behind her usually holding her ankle/s is the backspot (me!). There's sometimes a frontspot for really tricky stunts.

Oh and Happy New Year

Hope you guys liked this chapter and sorry if it's short.

-Mone'