[ forty ]

Chapter song: Breathe by Lauv

"I found New York laying in your arms." 

* * * 

Monday, 5:38 pm

All it took was once simple text. 

Pretty Girl had it typed up in seconds, handing her phone over to Stiles so he could proof read it. It wasn't anything long, just a quick message to let Theo know that she wasn't happy and that she didn't wish to be with him any longer. 

She looked nervous as she hit send, but as soon as her phone told her it had been delivered, she simply looked relieved. There was a smile on her face as she stuffed her phone into her pocket, then reached over and linked her hand with Stiles'. 

Her phone chimed, but she ignored it. Stiles started up his Jeep, and they began driving again. 

-

The sun had set an hour ago, dousing the world in darkness. The Jeep's headlights lit up the road in front of them as they drove over a hill and the pair couldn't help but gasp when they reached the other side. 

A bright city greeted them on the horizon, high rises dotted with lights you could see miles away. Stiles and Pretty Girl's eyes were almost as bright as those lights as they continued to stare in amazement. 

"Wow," Pretty Girl breathed out. 

Stiles quickly pulled over, parking the Jeep on the side of the road. He squeezed Pretty Girl's hand gently, nodding at the front of his Jeep. 

"C'mon, it'll be romantic." He wiggled his eyebrows teasingly, and she rolled her eyes at him but dropped his hand anyway and hopped out. 

After Stiles fished a blanket out from the back, he made his way over to Pretty Girl and laid the blanket out on the hood. Then they climbed up, the two settling close to each other while they stared out at the city. 

"Where are we?" Pretty Girl asked. 

Stiles shrugged, "I have absolutely no idea." 

Pretty Girl hummed, "Good."