Chapter 14

A/N: The Prologue for super power 5H is up so uh, check it out pretty please? ^
-

Camila's POV

"...when I know that any minute you'll be back to me..."

"I promise you, this song is gonna win her another Grammy!" Dinah speaks over the phone, listening along as I tagged along with Lauren today to watch the finishing touches be put on a collaboration she did.

"Her voice has always been my achilles heel so I'm not speaking out of sheer fact that I know I'm bias as hell."

"Know that any, know that any, know that any, know that any,

know that any moment you'll be back to me!"

"Yeah...I'm wet." I whisper into the phone, as the three artists scream and cheer over the new development that they've made into the song, clearly keeping that edit in it.

"Okay ew, look call me later when you guys are done up there and me and Mani can meet you two at the venue for the concert tomorrow night." Dinah says, receiving a hum of agreement from me before continuing. "And hey Mila, I'm really proud of you for standing your ground and finally handing Addison's ass to her while she tried to interfere with you and Lo again."

"I can't believe you thought for a second I would have actually even considered that bullshit." I begin to speak, quietly excusing myself from the recording room to stand outside and finish the conversation. "She really thought that was going to happen."

*Flashback*

Not even 20 seconds after I got off of FaceTime with my girlfriend to tell her that I was more than ready to perform with her and be an opening act for her sold out show in Orlando (though every show was all sold out), I took the liberty of going over to Addison's apartment to try to tell her to politely step off.

"Came to accept my offer?" The girl smirked as she opened her door, sending a silent invitation for me to come in and I took a step back to let her know I wasn't going for that.

"Actually I came to tell you to stop." I respond firmly, taking the smug look right off of her face. "Look I'm fed up with this. I know somewhere in that plot of yours to get me back into your life and maybe just around you again, you actually care for my wellbeing but stop. Stop undermining everything that I'm doing, everything that Lauren is doing for me, and everything about my relationship. It isn't fair to either of us."

The Belgium native took a deep sigh and slumped against the frame of her door, letting me know that she  was listening.

"You still have feelings for me...and your feelings are valid, trust me, they are 100% valid and they're yours, but Lauren is still my girlfriend, and the choices I make about anything now that has to do with her, me, my education and my career or any of that, has nothing to do with you because you ruined our whole friendship with your antics."

She didn't really say much but nodded, staring down at the floor and taking deep sighs. I remember back when we were kind of close, in a moment like this I'd feel the obligation to just hug her and hold her tight and try to be the best friend I could be but...I can't be friends with everyone, and not everyone has my best intentions at heart like I think.

"You let your crush on me turn your intentions into some monstrous actions and I just can't risk any of that again. I'm just getting my relationship back on track and me and Lauren are working on our problems and I'm really focused on us and school right now, I can't just go to a open mic with you like everything with us didn't just happen the other week. And if you really cared about me then you'd respect the space I'm asking for."