The Ninja 4

GOEMON POV:

It’s been a week and she hasn’t returned. Maybe, no it can’t be I can’t be falling for her again. Am I? I walked around the village when I reached the tree the both of us always went to. I remember it perfectly.

~flash back~

It was last year around the winter her father had said we would be engaged but I turned her down, she ran away without tears in her eyes. I looked for her so many days until I reached here. I climbed up to the top and saw her. She was crying; I took hold of her once I did I held her in my arms, I can’t marry you because you are too good for me, you are too great for a samurai Mitsuki.

~flash back end~

I shouldn’t have said that because now I regret it.

MITSUKI POV:

We were walking into the hall where the perverted Night claw was. We bowed and stood before him. “The samurai have left; you may leave to your village and rest. You have no worry. Takuto you may escort her to the mountains once there you have to turn back do you understand me?”

“Yes sir,”

“Good,” we left the village and walked until I reached the mountains.

“This is good bye huh, well then I’ll see you when I can.”

“You as well,” I climbed the mountains until I made it to the top and saw the rock where I was taken. I won’t see him again, well that sucks. I sat on the rock trying to clear my mind but all I could think of was him. I stopped and began to cry.

“Sister what wrong?”

“Nothing Ruka,”

“It is something you fell for him.” He was right, I was comfortable with him alone…I am in love with a ninja.

TAKUTO POV:

As I watched her leave my heart sank. No get a grip on yourself Takuto; she’s a priestess and samurai priestess to be in fact, you are stronger than this. But she is beautiful. I walked away with my heart sinking deeper and a void appearing in it once more. Ever since my mother died I have had a hole in my in my soul; now that she came in it was filled but after I saw her leave I drained empty once more.

MITSUKI POV:

I cried some more with Ruka comforting me. I finished crying and began to go back through the cave. Ruka came behind me happy as ever but sad as well I held my face like he did and entered the village with my priestess uniform on. The villagers saw me and bowed as they saw me. I bowed back and I saw my father on his horse and in armor. “What is the meaning of this Lord Sora?”

“Who are you girl and why is my son with you, unless…” he got off of his horse and looked closer to me, “You are alive! Prepare a celebration my daughter is back with us as priestess! Thank Kami for this great news!”

People celebrated as I sat behind my father with Ruka on my lap, I saw someone suspicious and kept my eyes on him until I was in the gates of the estate. I was taken to my room that was same, as with Ruka’s. I changed into my kimono I used for occasions like this and waited for the servants to prepare everything else. I heard the door open and I saw Goemon with one of my father’s servants. “Lady Mitsuki!” she said, she smiled and hugged me with the rabbits foot around her neck. She pushed Goemon out and prepared my hair. She brushed it and put it in the best way it could be, it was down with a pin in it. I walked out hearing the music and I saw my father with Lord Night claw. No if he sees Ruka I am done for! I whispered to my father if I could go speak with Ruka and he approved.

I rushed to Ruka’s room and opened it seeing him with his servant. I told the servant to leave quickly and closed the door. “He’s here.”

“Who is?”

“Night claw, he saw me already, if he sees you we’re done for!” he turned pale and let me undo the hair that the servant did. I began to braid it; once I was done he smiled. “This is going to work,” we walked out to the hall once more and saw the rest enjoying themselves; including Goemon.

“Are you OK sister?” Ruka whispered as I stared at Goemon and the others flirting with him.

“I’m going to get some air come with me if you want.” We disappeared as no one saw us come in and changed into normal civilian clothing. We walked until we reached the center of the village where the tree was. “Want to race to see who can get to the second branch?”

“Yeah, go!” We climbed until we reached the branch. Ruka rested for a while but I never did. I was already at the top when I saw him climb up. “What’s wrong with you? Don’t tell me you’re not over Goemon?”

“I am; it’s just…”

“It’s just that he reminds you of Takuto, doesn’t he?”

“Yeah he does,”

“How about we go the Sage village and see him.”

“We can’t if we do, my head will leave my body and so will yours they saw me once if they see me again I’m dead.”

I stood up and began to sing:

Fukai, fukai mori no oku ni ima mo kitto

 Okizari ni shita kokoro kakushiteru yo

 Sagasu hodo no chikara mo

 naku tsukarehateta

 Hitobito wa eien no yami ni kieru

 Chisai mama nara kitto ima demo mieta kana

 Bokutachi wa ikiru hodo ni

 Nakushiteku sukoshi zutsu

 Itsu wariya uso o motoi

 Tachisukumu koe mo naku

 Aoi, aoi sora no iro mo kizukanai mama

 Sugiteyuku mainichi ga kawatteyuku

 Tsukurareta wakugumi o koe ima o ikite

 Sabitsuita kokoro mata ugokidasu yo

 Toki no rizumu o shireba mo

 ichido toberu darou

 Bokutachi wa samayoinagara

 Ikiteyuku doko made mo

 Shinjiteru hikari motome

 Arukidasu kimi to ima

 Bokutachi wa ikiru hodo ni

 Nakushiteku sukoshi zutsu

 Itsu wariya uso o motoi

 Tachisukumu koe mo naku

 Bokutachi wa samayoinagara

 Ikiteyuku doko made mo

 Furikaeru

 Michi o tozashi

 Aruiteku eien ni

 Tachisukumu koe mo naku, ikiteyuku eien ni.” Once I finished I heard a rustle in the leaves and held Ruka back.